Hello from Toronto/Miami, DRY EYE from LASIK person here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Toronto/Miami, DRY EYE from LASIK person here

Hello Everyone, too bad we all have this problem but it is nice to not feel so alone after finding this forum to share ideas and experiences.

I am 53 years old, had LASIK in June 2010 here in Toronto, had numerous problems with it but the main problem is the Dry Eye that was caused by the surgery.

I use far too many drops for my liking (more so here in Toronto than Miami as it's more humid down there), I've tried temporary punctal plugs and was prescribed Restasis for a month but it didn't do anything (since then I read that you have to use Restasis for 3 months minimum to see if it works and the odds are 50% or something).

Have been offered to have the test to see if I would be a good candidate for this LIPIFLOW treatment that just started, but I don't trust my Surgeon anymore so I'm nervous to try anything new.

Hoping this dry eye will get better with time, will enjoy reading others experiences here......

Greetings from Miami! yeah I bet its better here right now than up there were its so cold! I usually like the milder cold weather down here but I cant wait for the more humid sprng & summer b/c this cold air is killing my eyes!

Ive been on restasis since Sept of 2010 & i havent really noticed much of a difference personally. I may get plugs soon but Im not too sure they will help, like restasis seems to be a mixed bag.
    miserable in Miami...

Comment

Hi LilyFair,

I was also using copious amounts of drops after LASIK and I honestly think they may have done more harm than good. You might want to try to scale back on them and see how your eyes feel. It is hard to do, however.

Rose

Comment

Thanks, I find every time I travel the dry eye gets worse and my resolve to use less drops goes by the wayside, but thank you for the reminder Rose, I have heard this before. I'm going for a lipiflow assessment this week, will keep you guys posted.

Comment

Lipi-Flow in Toronto

Hi, I was wondering if you could share the name of the Doctor or clinic in Toronto that is using Lipiflow? I am thinking about making a trip.

Thanks,

Doctor_Eyes

Comment

Working...
          X