Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corneal erosion

Hello all,

I am new to the Dry Eye Zone. I developed recurrent corneal erosion 2 weeks after I accidently poked myself in the eye with a tweezer in 2009. I have tried Muro drops and ointment, Doxycyline, steroid drops and several OTC drops for dry eye. I also have had 3 surgeries (anterior stromal puncture, diamond burr superficial keratectomy, and PTK)-all failed. I now use a BCL (for almost a year) that I change every 3 weeks. I also use Optive drops every 2-3 hours and I started using Dwelle about 2 months ago. I am still getting erosions about every 3-4 weeks. So disappointing. In August, I started getting erosions in another place other than my injury. I suspect this is from the surgeries as they scraped an area larger than the injured spot. This leaves my eye blurry for anywhere from 1-2 weeks. I also have dry eye. Would love to get rid of this horrible mess.
    Beth

Hi, Beth.

I'm sorry to hear that they are coming so regularly. It sounds correct that the other spot where you are getting erosions could be from the surgeries. Has the original spot calmed down? I'm just asking, because it seems to take a really long time for things to heal correctly, and I am curious if the place where the problem began ever really healed.

I wish you the best.

--Liz

Comment

Hi Liz,

Thanks for responding. I don't really know if the original site has cleared up. I don't always go to the Dr. when I have an erosion as I would be in the office a lot! I sent for the Dextran and will start that as soon as I get it. I am hoping for a cure.

Beth

Comment

Working...
      X