Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the history of corneal transplants

Hi -

I just joined after seeing Dry Eye Zone recommended by the Boston Foundation for Sight.

I live in Boston and have been here for a number of years. I was diagnosed with keratoconus around age 10 ('66) and was the first kid on my block to have contact lenses! They were terrible back then.

I had my first corneal transplant in NYC at age 12 with Dr. Castroviejo. He was a real pioneer of the surgery and I think he developed some of the surgical tools that are used. Amazing guy with hands from the gods.

Since my transplants have averaged about 20 years of wear time, I've now had 5 of them. Every single one of them has been a success. With the onset of dry eyes about 10 years ago, I struggled with my RGP's and cyclosporine, and then with progressive glasses in the Visio 360 formulation.

I'm now in about my third month wearing the BFS PROSE lenses. My eyesight is really, really good with these. As a photographer, I'm pretty critical too. Still struggling a bit with dryness.

What tear products do people like to use with PROSE? I'm finding Systane Ultra the best so far.

-D

Drops over PROSE

Hi there and welcome from another PROSE user (nearly 5 years for me).

The only drop I like over my lenses is out of production (NutraTear) and I'm still using expired bottles of it. I'll be interested to see what others have to say.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X