Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry eye for over 2 years NOW at night too....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye for over 2 years NOW at night too....

Hi all
    New to this so please bear with me. I am 40 years old living in the UK and find this forum great for reassuring me that I am not alone in my DES.
    For me it started October 2008 and I thought I had a simple cold in my eye but here I am two years later same old problem. I wear a contact lense in my right eye (the one with the problem) and occasionally I have a few days with no problems then I have it all the time. After visiting the optician regularly for my check ups they said the mucus layer disperses quick which leaves me with a dry eye!
    Tried hot compress etc nothing worked, ended up in tears at the doctors frustrated by it all and had a referral to the hospital. The Dr there said that it could be atmospheric etc and prescribed me some cellulovisc drops (which didn’t work) and discharged me.
    After still suffering two years down the line and having tried flaxseed oil vitamins (again didn’t work) I am currently on Omega 3 vitamins (1000mcg) and rubbing baby shampoo onto my eyelids (maybe a slight improvement but not great).
    Over the last month at night I have started having real problems with opening my eye during the night, feels lazy and difficult almost like my eyeball is completely dry so now I am using Simple eye ointment which is petroleum based and it seems to help a little BUT I am wondering if at some point I can stop using these as I don’t want it to be a lifetime thing Suddenly thought the other week though, I came off the mini pill back in 2008 (maybe early 2008) and wondered whether it could be a simple hormone problem – what does everyone else think?
    Frustrated at having DES at my age as I keep reading that it is common in ‘older’ women post menopausal….. FED UP now!!
Working...
X