Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have been helped a lot by this forum

Hello,

I have been lurking and gathering information from here for quite a while.

I have MS and Sjorgen's Syndrome and was plagued by RCEs.

I read about tranquileyes goggles here and my consultant thought they would be a good idea. I now have two or three rips a week rather than every night which is a big improvement and they are not as severe.

For a time I was so photophobic I needed to wear sunglasses over my sunglasses!

Now I have onyx goggles for times I need complete blackness (not nearly so often), the clear goggles to protect my eyes from our hot air heaters, and padded biker sunglasses to wear outside to protect from dust.

I may not look beautiful but who cares if the pain is less.

I would have been lost if not for the information I have gained here so thank you all and especially to Rebecca for the resources she makes available.

R

Hi Rowanberry & welcome!! Wow, you sure got a triple whammy with these RCEs on top of everything. It sure puts things in perspective when you can be thankful for two to three rips a week but I hope it won't be too long before they will be few & far apart.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I too have found information and help on this forum which has been invaluable. When im having a bad day I always log on here and check out the 'triumphs' which motivates me to keep trying different things like diet - eliminating sugar - hard but it may help, i will let you know when ive completed 2 weeks.

Your post is inspiring in that you have made an improvement and that you are able to tell others about it. You also sound positive and it certainly makes me take stock and stop feeling sorry for myself.

I posted on here about 10 months ago when i first had problems. Im learning to love myself in glasses ( -5 and -7) and realise that glasses hide the wrinkles around my eyes! , I have bought myself prescription sunglasses for when im on the motorbike (which I stopped doing because of the dry eye) and for running. And I go kick boxing blind (no glasses) but its great for stress and good fun. I though life would stop(and it did for a while) but I have forced myself to do these things and when I stick to them I feel better about myself even when my eyes are bad.

I have found eye doctors unhelpful and have learnt all I know on this site, so THANK YOU to everyone who has posted and thank you to Rebecca.

Nikki
      Nikki

Life changes from here..........

Comment

Working...
      X