Tired in Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired in Cincinnati

I am new. I can't find my last post. I've been fighting severe dry eye for a while. It is getting worse. MY daughter is getting married in one month. I am not sure if I will be able to open my eyes long enough to witness this great event. I follow every routine on here and thinking of finding another doctor. Any suggestions how to prepare to get through my daughter's wedding day.
    Thank you very much,
    Linda

Keep Trying

Hi,

Don't know if your doctor has put you on doxycycline. I had significant improvement in 2 weeks .

I hope you'll find something that works

Comment

Originally posted by Linda M View Post
      I am new. I can't find my last post. I've been fighting severe dry eye for a while. It is getting worse. MY daughter is getting married in one month. I am not sure if I will be able to open my eyes long enough to witness this great event. I follow every routine on here and thinking of finding another doctor. Any suggestions how to prepare to get through my daughter's wedding day.
      Thank you very much,
      Linda
      Hi Linda,

Here's your last post. Sorry, the forum is difficult to navigate when you're new.

I was thinking about this and wondering if possible bandage contact lenses might help you make it through that day. I am sure there are others here who can relate having had to find ways to enjoy big events with dry eye. If you have a decent optometrist I would tackle him on this subject and ask to try out a pair of bandage lenses to see if it might work for you.

I know you said the onion goggles weren't working well for you. Any chance this is skin related? A lot of people are bothered by having something that close-fitting. I wonder if something lighter-weight and which didn't have the thick foam might help you - especially in stores, with bright lights and such - by giving at least some protection.

Do you have a doctor you are happy with?

Can you give a little background info on what started all this, and what your diagnosis is?

4 months is a rough stage to be at. I'm sorry. You will come through this though.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X