Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Old Problem

Hi!
    I found this site while hunting around on Google. My dry eye problem is not new but only recently diagnosed (and not very well at that). I just started using Restasis this week. I don't know if it will work or not but I do know that it's expensive and the packaging seems wasteful. I wish it came in a dropper bottle instead of individual doses--I hate using two drops and throwing the rest away.

I have rosacea that migrated to my eyelids over the past few years. I used to wear gas perm contacts and had to give those up. Then I went to soft lenses which worked well for about two years. Lately I haven't even been able to wear them. I almost got LASIK a few years ago but decided not to, and from reading some of the posts here, I'm glad I didn't! If I have this problem now, I hate to think of what it would have been like after that.

I've tried most of the popular OTC tears, including gel tears, but they really don't seem to do the trick. (And gel tears are so thick I can't see when I use them.)

I'm pretty discouraged but I see a lot of people here with the same or even worse problems than mine. It's good to be in the company of people who understand what I'm talking about.

Alexis
    Last edited by kitty; 12-Apr-2011, 18:43. Reason: Please avoid links in signature that point to web sales

Hang in there...

Hi Alexis,

This is a great place for support. I feel your frustration. All of us do. DE isn't fun, but at least we can see. That's how I try to spin things so that I maintain as much of a positive attitude as possible. Always try to focus on the good and say in the Now.

Comment

I am new also. Keep your hopes high because I am determined to feel better. You will too!!!

Comment

Working...
      X