Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty-six Years

Rebecca,

Thank you for a wonderful resource and well-organized website. When I developed Dry Eye Disease in 1985, I went through the usual ping-pong from ophthalmologist to ophthalmologist with no relief and was able to find little literature on the subject. As years passed, I found somewhat more written material through medical channels, but it was only after a bad symptom flare beginning in Sept 2010, that I was motivated to do a general websearch that yielded your site.

To my fellow sufferers, bless you all and hang in there. Understanding of our malady is increasing, and gradually our options expand. Since many of us do not have dramatic physical signs of disease, we often cannot obtain the serious medical focus that macular degeneration, cataract, glaucoma or corneal scarring will receive. I am a physician, largely retired now, and even though I understand these issues, it is still difficult to find effective care.

Bill

Hi Bill! Welcome!

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks so much for the kind words & the encouragement to our membership here.

26 years is a long, long time with dry eye. How are you doing right now with this recent symptom flare?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca,

I've had two good days. Prior to that, a bad week. September, October and November had been very bad, but punctuated with about three fairly good days, then gradual improvement in December and January, followed by deterioration in February and March. I think that the trend since March has been one of gradual improvement, but far from steady. Thanks for asking. Who but a fellow sufferer could express an interest in the chaotic course of this disease?

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X