Dry Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye?

Heya, I hope I'm posting in the right part as I'm new, so apologies if not.
    Basically the symptoms I am having are:-
    *Dry Eyes (1more so than the other at times)
    *Eye ache not constant but often
    *Heavy eyelids (like my eyes are tired)
    *Blury vision when I wake
    *Itchyness at times
    *White gunk a couple of times a day, especially when I wake and if I've been watching tv etc
    *takes longer for my eyes to focus especially after wearing my glasses, I didn't used to wear em' as often, but to prevent more strain on my eyes atm I thought it would be a good idea to keep wearing em'
    *Stinging/Burning sensation at times
    *sensitivity
    *At times my eyes are tired and feel fatigue

I am a frequent computer user as I create graphics etc and I could be in it for hour and hour on end at times I have done all dayers before aswell! I also watch TV when I'm not on comp and watch TV in bed etc, I also up untill recently don't drink water! :/ however I changed that and now try to drink as much as I can as it made me ill.
    I would really like to know if my symptoms match Dry eye? .. I am booking myself in the docs tuesday (can't be sooner as easter hols they close) and follow it up with a visit to my opticion to make sure my vision is ok! I last went opticions in November and he ssaid how suprised that may eyes hadn't changed much in 6yrs and that was with not wearing the glasses I was given but lost so I want to ensure that still stands.

Hi & welcome!

Here's a link on symptoms. Yes, you're a match for a lot of them. If you get a chance before your appointment check out this article too - that will help you be prepared with more questions to ask them. In particular ask them to examine your meibomian glands. If they recommend artificial tears, go for preservative-free if at all possible.

Considering your computer use I'd consider maxing out the ways to protect your eyes from it. This could include adjusting your computer setting, training yourself to blink more frequently, establishing a pattern of brief breaks, maybe even consider some "computer glasses" of some sort i.e. moisture-retaining glasses specifically to wear at the computer.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Heya, thanks for replying =) .. Thanks for the links the only ones i havn't experienced as of yet are the eye lids sticking shut (however i can feel that they are sticky when i blink) .. and the contact lenses as i dont where them.
      I will deffo look into them glasses! i'd never heard of them!
      thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
      X