Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi everyone,
    I'm a 63 year old woman with dry eye due to hormonal changes and ectropion. The opthamalogist I'm currently going to (and disliking more each time) wants to do tear duct plugs for the dryness. I know from this forum that this is the first line of treatment but I'm wondering, since my dryness is coming from lid sag, what are the chances this will help? I'd also like to say that I live in small rural Pine Grove PA. the nearest real towns are Pottsville or Lebanon-If anyone is in this area and wants to brainstorm, I'd love to connect with you. I hope for the day when this problem becomes a health issue that can be readily addressed and not the thing that has the ability to turn me into a basket case on any given day.

HI BR123,

I was just looking through the introductions forum for anybody I'd missed... Welcome (belatedly)! Any progress on your open question of whether to do plugs? That can be a hard call. I know a lot of people with lid positioning or sag issues as a primary source of their problem. For some, the added moisture that plugs bring can give them just the amount of relief they need without introducing more problems. It's one of those things that perhaps we never know till we try. Thankfully these days there are many plug choices, including dissolving ones and removable ones, though sometimes we have to educate our doctors about them.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

HI BR123,

I was just looking through the introductions forum for anybody I'd missed... Welcome (belatedly)! Any progress on your open question of whether to do plugs? That can be a hard call. I know a lot of people with lid positioning or sag issues as a primary source of their problem. For some, the added moisture that plugs bring can give them just the amount of relief they need without introducing more problems. It's one of those things that perhaps we never know till we try. Thankfully these days there are many plug choices, including dissolving ones and removable ones, though sometimes we have to educate our doctors about them.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X