Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very unhappy Newbie. Need support and information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very unhappy Newbie. Need support and information.

Hi all. Glad I found this place.

Wednesday night I just rubbed my left eye. I felt like something was in it, maybe some mascara. Both my eyes got dry which is what happens when something is in them. I got into see the opthalmologist who I had just seen 2 weeks prior when something really was stuck to my eyelid.

The bad news is there is nothing in my eyes. Some minor swelling maybe from me looking for something in my eye.

I left with some Systane drops to try instead of the Optive which lasts 10 minutes maybe and some durozol which I don't want to use. She was getting authorization for plugs. (I knew nothing of these). I left with no instructions and no information and no diagnosis. No tests either.

So I need to educate myself because I have discovered she is not very forthcoming with information. I need to know what to ask. (I'm on medicare so don't have a lot of options for doctors). I know nothing about this "condition".

I ordered some Omega-3 so waiting for that. Meantime I'm using my drops and trying to just figure out what works for me. I'm going to get several drops and see what works best for me.

It seems that there are options less invasive than plugs before I go that route. Like Lacrisert. I am very sensitive to medications so try to do things with a more natural approach, but this is miserable.

I have been living with Myalgic Encephelomyelitis for almost 16 years. I would say I'm about 90% housebound. My life was/is watching tv and being on the computer. Now I have to figure this all out.

Love to hear from you. Just one favor. Please put lots of paragraphs in your replies. I have problems with too much text, my brain just shuts off. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum Mewkiss!

I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I know how frustrating it is to reach an accurate diagnosis of 'dry eye'.

Please check the section on dry Eye Zone that talks about plugs. Lots of information is available in that section. Also you can type 'plugs' in the search box and come up with older posts dealing with plugs.

If you are sensitive to artificial drops, I highly recommend checking out the Oasis Tears drops that Rebecca sells at the 'Dry Eye Shop'. I have found them to be the most tolerable of all the artificial tears.

Do not despair as there is a wealth of information on the Dry Eye Zone. Also there are many supportive people on the Forum. Do not hesitate to ask questions!

Bella_girl

Comment

Thanks Bella_girl,

I think there are 3 issues I'm dealing with. One "what is wrong". Dr. did not do one test. Dealing with this and getting used to it and my lack of knowledge about this.

I realize my doctor told me nothing or stopped short of giving me information I needed. This is why I need to know more about this. She is not going to help me although I will tell her she needs to tell me everything.

I don't know enough to say no on the artificial tears, I just ordered some Genteal. I'm finding all the preservative free ones to be expensive.

And I was reading on the use of drops here, how much is too much, stuff like that. That is where I learned I could scratch or mess up my cornea if my eyes are too dry.

I just wish I knew how this happened. I know, I'll never know. But literally one minute I was find, the next I had this.

Onward.

Comment

Working...
      X