Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roaccutane and sinus infection now MGD and dry eye! ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaccutane and sinus infection now MGD and dry eye! ?

Hi
    I am new here and new to dry eye and MGD. I recently had a corneal ulcer that was my introduction, I had no idea there was anything wrong with my eyes except they were recently a bit stuck in the morning.

I was on roaccutane 12 months ago for about three months then I got a bad sinus infection which turned into pneumonia. I came off the roaccutane when I got the sinus infection, my nose and eyes have been dry ever since. I am hoping with the right treatment I can get things functioning better. At the moment I am extremely depressed and angry at myself for going on the stupid drug. If any one else has any stories similar would love to know??

My current regime:
    1. Warm cloth compresses and massage 10 mins a.m and p.m then cleanse with eye make up remover (steri lid and baby shampoo too strong)

2. Thera tears nutrition plus an assortment of vitamins (lots of water)

3. Just started accupuncture and will begin herbs and cleansing diet

4. Put in refresh liquigel at night these drops stop my eyes sticking and less puffy in the morning. I couldn't use antibiotic ointment at night made lids red and puffy.

I started minomycine but made my anxiety worse and made me feel horrible so only lasted 10 days. Also the compresses and massage seem to be making my lids pink and sensitive any ideas does it get easier??

So glad to have found this forum I would appreciate any advice.

Terri-Anne
Working...
X