Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just diagnosed with bleph and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and corneal perforation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just diagnosed with bleph and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and corneal perforation!!

Hey all ..Really nice to know you all here

Right i started suffering with with a feeling of something foreign in my eyes and getting slight blurriness about 9 months ago it came and went and i thought nothing of it. So about a month ago i noticed some strange little white bumps on my lower eyelids and started getting a burning sensation in my eyes.

So i searched the net and it looked like i had dry eyes or blepharitis ! So i then started using over the counter dry eye drops but they didnt really help they just eased it for little while. So i decided to visit the opticians yesterday and they confirmed i had Blephariitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and to add to the shock they said i had slight Corneal perforation

The optician said to do hot compresses and clean eyelids and squeeze or massage and then she said to come back in a month, i then said isnt corneal perforation serious she said only if i got a eye infection

Do you think i should go to another optician today for a second opinion because isnt slight corneal perforation serious

Another thing i have been using a lot of face creams over the years even applying them under the eyelids as well as the face..do you think this would caused the blocked Meibomian Glands as these were probably to heavy for under the eyes?

Right now im just using natural sweet almond oil mixed with jojoba all over my face and under the eyes for dark circles, i was told these oils combined dont block pores so do you think i should continue using these oils under my eyes or do think they wont help with my blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction??

Many thanks

Mario
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

I find opticians pretty good but I wonder if you should visit the hospital eye department with the corneal perforation. I wouldn't go to another optician because their main business is prescription lenses.

I doubt very much that the face creams have caused the MGD because it doesn't explain why top glands get blocked (the face cream wouldn't go there...!)

I use cream round the delicate eye area; it's usually something like `Simple'. It doesn't go anywhere near the lids.

Comment

Hi

When i was using face creams i was applying right under the eyelids Im now using Essential oils Sweet almond oil and jojoba and i use this right under the eyelids as well...maybe i should stop applying to close to the eyelashes

Im wondering why the optician didnt refer me to my gp considering i had corneal perforation
      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

I dab cream along the bone around the eye and it is absorbed. I (personally) wouldn't put anything too near the eyelashes in case it got into the eye. It would really irritate but I don't think cream so close to the eye serves any advantage to the skin anyway.

I don't know why your optician didn't suggest seeing someone else about your eye; there might be a reason but I know that my optician would have acted otherwise. If you are at all doubtful, why not call up the hospital eye department and see what they say? There is generally a nurse on duty who can advise whether a visit is necessary or not. I know it's not possible to diagnose over the phone so have your facts at hand regarding symptoms, length of time you have felt discomfort etc.

Comment

Dr. Matter replied to your thread here.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X