Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newty

Dear All,

Thank goodness I found this forum. I have found more information here than from 12 years of dealing with opthamologists. I have frequently become really confused about my condition and the contradicting advice and it so helps to be able to have contact with people who really understand.
    I have had slightly dry eyes since puberty but about 12 years ago things really flared up and I was diagnosed at Moorfields with posterior blepharitis. I have struggled to manage it over the 12 years with good days and bad. I did notice that it would be slightly affected by my menstrual cycle. About 4 months ago my periods stopped at the menopause and I am now in constant agony. The inflammation is severe and my eyes feel burning and dry ALL the time. As several people here have stated , I have found that heated compresses only seem to aggravate, although I can see lumps on the lid margins which I assume are blocked glands. I have also not found any artificial tear drops which don't make my eyes feel worse, even preservative free ones. My eyes now look red a lot of the time and the lid on my right eye particularly is swollen and red most of the time. The inside of both eyelids are bright red , as they have been for several years but the pain is much more intense. It also seems to now be affecting my sinuses too.
    I do feel that there must be a hormonal factor but I am very confused about whether my eyes are due to over sensitivity to testosterone which leads to thick poor quality oil according to Moorfields, or whether its now low testosterone which I read is linked to dry eye. Very confusing! I am awaiting some more blood test results to get more idea of what my hormones are actually doing
    I am going to Moorfields again next week with a heavy heart but I wondered whether anybody knows of either a good dermatologist who knows about eyelid inflammation or even a good endocrinologist in UK.
    Sorry to be so long winded but it helped to get that off my chest!
    Thanks

I am going to Moorfields again next week with a heavy heart but I wondered whether anybody knows of either a good dermatologist who knows about eyelid inflammation or even a good endocrinologist in UK.
    Hello, newty,
    Still searching for the above, I'm afraid. I've sent you a personal message to tell you which derms we've tried in London. There are a few of us on the same circuit.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Many thanks littlemermaid, I really appreciate your replt and I have sent you a personal message.

Comment

Working...
      X