I'm so miserable.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so miserable.....

You've heard all of this before, so I'm going to skip a lot of the details and just say I have had hideous dry eyes for the last 2 1/2 years. I also have glaucoma, and those meds are very drying, but after a major eye surgery in '09 I have suffered horribly from DES. I have tried everything that's out there (the plugs, Restasis, hormonal drops, doxy), and have had no long lasting relief. I even have a 3 month's supply of serum eye drops sitting in my freezer, but they have not helped (as I so desperately hoped they would). I have the usual blepharitis, poor tear film, some MGD, and ???
    My questions - what pain meds do people use that actually reach your eyes when they hurt so bad you can hardly stand it? Neuropathic pain meds - Gabapentin (neurontin) do they work?
    I developed an allergic reaction to doxycycline, then tried Flagyl (horrendous headache). Has anybody had any success with erythromycin in treating blepharitis?
    Thank you for any input.

I've tried erythromycin for probable ocular rosacea, it doesn't seem to help.

Comment

Two years ago I was at the same point - horrible pain of eyes, headaches and so on. Nothing worked. I was scared to take anything stronger because I was scared to make my eyes drier. My doctor gave me injections wit vit B12 and B6 (for two weeks) and then I started doing yoga and pilates. Believe me or not-but each time I've got any pain I do short exercises (yoga or pilates) and it helps a lot.

Comment

How long were you on it? Have you used any other antibiotics successfully?
        Thanks

Comment

I do Tai Chi twice a week, and it helps when I'm there, but not so much on my own at home.

Comment

Originally posted by grandmamac View Post
            How long were you on it? Have you used any other antibiotics successfully?
            Thanks
            I've been on it for over three weeks. I've had no success with 3 months of doxy. I did once take a short course of amoxycillin (sorry if wrong spelling) for another problem and it was like a miracle happened to my eyes. However they were back to "normal" again very rapidly.

Comment

I didn't use any antibiotics. There was no reason (that I was told). I had just dry eyes-2mm in a test of no direct reason :-(((. I used restasis-no effect at all. To make my headaches and eye pain smaller my doc gave me vit B for nerves and pains connected with this mess . In Poland they are called milgamma and in my case were prescribed by a neurologist.

Comment

Working...
              X