Red Bloodshot Eyes.. Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Franklin,
    Usually we are prescribed Doxy for Ocular Rosacea. My eye doctor gave me antibiotic gel and drops for eye infections, so not sure if Doxy can be used for that too. I think Ocular Rosacea is hard to diagnose, so your eye doc might just be covering all the bases. The sides of my eyes look like yours. I do have Rosacea, but also think the redness is caused due to dryness. Allergies can do the same thing. I am not a doctor, so second Faith's suggestion above, including the one about changing your diet. Best of luck to you~

Comment

LaDiva, when you put any drops in, does the redness fade temporarily? Mine does.. i think any redness I have is also due to dryness, and maybe allergies! Also, my eyes really only "hurt" if I am around chemicals, or if my lids are inflamed. Doxy also works really well for me, and changing my diet too. Had some cheesecake last night and today ..guess what? Lids are inflamed now! IT WASNT WORTH IT! LOL

Comment

Hi Faith
        I always have red eyes, but happy to hear your red eye vanishes for awhile. I've been taking low dose minocycline, and it has helped, but I am not yet well. Big yes, on the diet. LOL! I ate chili cheese fries once and thought I'd die the next day. Vanilla ice cream creates the same after-effect. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why our bodies won't process these foods. To be truly honest, I am so sick of eating chicken, rice and vegetables that I could scream. You are right though, it isn't worth the pay-back! Best wishes to you.

Comment

Hi all I am back.

Unfortunately I don't have any great news to report on.

Over the last few years a stayed away from any drops whatsoever

Something that I did find help was Nerofen - Migrane pain tablets sold in Coles/Woolies. Having 1-2 of them a day seem to relieve the red veins a bit.

I recently did some research about Brimonidine, and there seems to be a eye drop that does not have rebound effect in clinical trials

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...ith-no-rebound

After this I found that Alphagen eye drops had this ingredient a my doctor prescribed this to me

After the first use, it was amazing, so white and clear and lasted 6+ hours and then eyes went back to its normal self

2 weeks later after almost daily (1-2 times a day) use, my eyes have gone back to the same as to when I was using clear eyes!!!

I wish I never used these new drops

Can anyone help with anymore advice? Taking note ive tried everything mentioned in this thread already

Comment

Working...
          X