Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Don and I am 41yrs old and have just been recently diagnosed with blepharitis as well. I have known also that I have had DES for a long time and had to use drops for temporarily relief. A couple of weeks ago I developed a stye on the left eyelid and then a week later another stye on the right eyelid. The stye on my left eyelid was located on the upper rim margin and on the right upper lid was a small lump on the external surface. I knew to never try and pop them as this could make them a whole lot worse so I seen my optometrist and he instructed me to do warm compresses several times a day in addition to daily lid scrubs for a week and see him again if there were no changes. There were no changes and so he referred me to an opthamologist since he was questioning whether or not these could be chalazions since I have had them for at least 8wks. After seeing the opthamologist, I was prescribed Tobradex for 2.5wks as a conservative measure rather than having surgery. Despite this treatment, her recommendations was to have them be surgically removed which was 2wks ago. My post op medication was to take Maxatrol for a week until my next followup appt which was yesterday. I received good news in terms of the healing process. However, since she has diagnosed me with MGD (mebomian gland dysfunction), and maybe even LMD (lid margin disease), her prescribed treatment was to continue to do lid scrubs daily, warm compresses twice a day, use the Tobradex again, and take Deoxycycline and then see her again in a month. Can anyone relate to this similar condition or situation and if so, are your treatments similar? Thanks for listening and having me as a member to this forum!

Hi Don and welcome!

Sorry to hear what you're going through with the MGD & chalazions. It sounds like you're getting good care & advice. I'm not a big antibiotic fan myself (tobradex, doxycycline) but I know they do seem to help a lot of people. Have you found a good method to do the lid scrubs and warm compresses without irritating your eyes & lids too much?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X