Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! Out on medical leave because of DRY-EYE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Out on medical leave because of DRY-EYE!!

Hello all and thanks much to those who keep this website up and running everyday!!

I was diagnosed with dry eye about 4 weeks ago. The dry eye has caused a few dry spots on my left eye which has decreased my vision to the point where it is not correctable to 20/20. BIG PROBLEM ------ my job requires me to have vision which is correctable to 20/20 and with a upcoming physical I had to go out on med. leave.

I've been to a few eye doctors and everyone seems to agree that my vision should return in 1-2 months (I HOPE). I'm currently on Lotemax, natural tears and hot compresses. The dry eye does not seem to bother me much during the day but after sleeping for 3-4 hrs (new born baby at home) my eyes feel like they are rolling around on gravel. This seems like it just came out of nowhere one night 4 weeks ago.

Has anyone experienced vision loss due to dry spots and if so what was your course of action and time frame before your vision was back to normal. Any input would be greatly appreciated here. -- Good news only-- I don't deal with reality that well-HA!!! Just kiddin! Thanks so much.

Ive suffered from dry spots too but they haven't affected my vision as far as I know (other issues affect my vision), so I can't respond to how long til your vision improves, but have you tried using a nighttime ointment like Refresh PM? It does affect your vision but I think it could help your eyes heal. Perhaps putting it in one eye could help you determine if it's effective yet let you still see to attend to the baby? Congratulations by the way!!!

Comment

Working...
    X