Dry Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye

I suffer from the residual effect of a Zoster Keratitis infection involving my (R) eye. I am using Refresh Plus and Refresh Optive Sensitive several times an hour, sometimes less and sometimes more when I feel my eye getting "dry". I take fish oil tablets (2400 mg/day) and am interested any other ideas or help. Thanks. John

Originally posted by jrcgray View Post
    I suffer from the residual effect of a Zoster Keratitis infection involving my (R) eye. I am using Refresh Plus and Refresh Optive Sensitive several times an hour, sometimes less and sometimes more when I feel my eye getting "dry". I take fish oil tablets (2400 mg/day) and am interested any other ideas or help. Thanks. John

Hello. Are you using drops? Have you tried eye ointments/lubricating gels as they stay in your eye longer?

Comment

Hi, I see from original post that you are already using a couple kinds of Refresh drops all day long. In my experience, the Bausch and Lomb Soothe drops work best for me in the daytime. For me, it has more lubricant qualities than anything else I have tried. Vision is blurry for about a minute after using the drops. It seems that everyone has their favorite drop, or is looking for a better one. I think most people find that gels or lubricant are not very compatible for use in the daytime, for out vision is blurred too much.
      Regarding your Zoster keratitis, is the damage to your cornea superficial, or is there permanent damage which impacts your vision?

The only other ideas I can think of are wearing protective glasses when you are outside.
      Is that eye sensitive to bright light? I'm a new person on this wonderful site.
      Have you found that fish oil helps at all? It did not seem to help me.

Comment

Working...
      X