Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi New Person Here

Hi Everyone, w
    Wow what a great forum with so much information!

I am struggling right now with blepharitis, occular rosacea and dry eye. I had this problem years ago and it started when I was 25 years old when I started wearing contact lens. The problem was out of control and that was 20 years ago as you can prob guess my age now. LOL.
    It took months of going from doctor to doctor on and off for a long time. It drove me crazy. A lot of doctors blew me off too. I went to a dr. in manhatten and he gave me 50mg of doxycycline and from what I can remember the acuteness of this disease went away. After that I went on prozac when I was around 33 for anxiety, well it never came back again like it did when I was in my 20's. It did come back not as bad like if I used certain eyeshadows or mascaras but I was always able to get it under control soon as I took off the makeup. PS I stopped the prozac this past August. I started using all of this different makeup brands and mascara. Well I kept on using the mascara even though it was hurting my eyes but after I'd take it off I'd be fine the next day and use my normal makeup and mascara that I usually used. Well after a while my eyes got out of control, killing me! I could not get my eyes back to the way they were. What is really weird is the foundation I usually use is killing my eyes. Its almost like the fumes from my moisturizer and the foundation and the concealer is making it worse the same brand I've been using for a while is killing me. It's like me eyes became hyper acute sensitive so that now I can't even use what was good for me in the past.Well right now I am on several different eye medications and I started taking 20mg of prozac again because I'm thinking that might have helped me through all of those years even though I really don't need to take it now. I don't have anxiety anymore but I'm thinking I should take because I'm associating prozac with having good eyes.
    I actually saw a really good doctor who has unbelievable credentials on Long Island. Tomorrow I'm getting a 2nd opinion with Dr. Latkany in NYC.

Welcome to Dry Eye Zone Lisa!

There is a ton of information on this site and on the talk forum there are people with lots of experience. It is a good place to be to ask questions . . . and gain moral support

There are a number of people who have discovered that their dry eye symptoms are linked to chemical sensitivities/ allergies. Maybe you have some of this happening with the make up and moisturizer. Dr. Latkany is apparently an expert at sorting through all the different causes of dry eye. Have you thought about maybe using the doxy again? Prozac can actually cause or worsen dry eye symptoms in some people. . . but if you associate it with having good eyes, then maybe it is good.

Comment

Working...
    X