New to This! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to This! Help!

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to this whole dry eye thing. I've only had this problem for about six months and have probly tried almost everything to get it under control. Things I've tried, warm compresses, lid scrubs (with every lid scrub on the market), alrex, FML Forte (which made things worse :S), artifical tears, pataday and am now currently using alrex and Zaditor. The zaditor seems like its slowly working... but my doctor wants to give it two more weeks (I've only been on it for two weeks) I had to quit my job because of the bright lights and the chemicals in the air. I was a beauty advisor/make-up artist at the Bay. Basically this has ruined my life. Anyone have any suggestions to what I can try or ask my doctor about?? Any help would be appreciated. I feel we are all in this together.

Hi Faith,

Nice to meet you. As with most things in life you will find that the only way of knowing what will work for you is through trial and error. I know it must be hard having to change almost every aspect of your life to fit around this condition, but it doesnt have to all be negative. Is there any way you can set up your own beauty business, even from your own garage etc... with dimmed lights like a therapy room? Also if you could explain how your eyes are affected, e.g. your tear film, meibomian glands, lids etc.., then I am sure many will happily help give you and others the support they need. I am a new sufferer myself so can help a bit, but you will no doubt get help from many experienced sufferers too.

Keep positive. x

Comment

Hi

Hi Faith,

I am new here too. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I've had a rough year. It hasn't been a good one either. I am hoping that things will change. Just try to stay positive. I recently had surgery on my nose because I had skin cancer. I went to a good plastic surgeon but my nose has a big scar going down it and with this whole eye thing going on since nov. I can't wear makeup which I love. Now I don't feel very attractive lately bet my nose and eyes. I am hoping by some miracle this inflammation will go away in my lids. I think these things that we have with our eyes are caused by stress. I really believe that. I think things will fall into place for you when the time is right. Don't give up on your job. I know it is depressing sometimes but its good to keep busy. I can see you are really into makeup by your job. Boy do I miss my mascara. Sometimes I think too many meds can make it worse. Right now I just started accupuncture and the dr. told me not to take any eye meds. My eyes are killing me right now though. I am praying that this works. You can pm me if you want to talk about it
      Lisa

Comment

Working...
      X