Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Hi Irene,

I was doing better with my eyes they were more moist but I am an idiot because I started feeling better so I went to put on mascara yesterday, well that did it bamm eyes inflamed again. Before I put on the mascara, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning bad. My eyes went from an 8 to a 4! I used a brand new mascara tube of what I usually used before this happened. Now I'm trying to get my eyes back to where they were. Ice packs help too.

The accupuncturist meant I eat a lot of bad foods and its causing inflammation in my body and eyes. He said the inflammation in my eyes is coming from me internally. He took my pulse and looked at my tongue and said ewww thick coating on tongue. My tongue looks a little better but he said its still rough. Mind you I am not perfect with my diet it is very hard to do. I have a sweet tooth. He said number one cut out sugar, its the worst. He said my insides are damp. I used some ph strips and it came out where my body is acidic. Your body should be akaline. I am still drinking my white chocolate lattes from starbucks once a day. I should cut that out, but I cut out white bread, milk, cheese, alcohol, sugar big time, spicy. salad dressings and mayo. A lot. He told me to do this temporarily till my eyes get better.
    This is my 3rd week with the accupuncture. I got so discouraged on Monday and thought this isn't working. Then that night my eyes felt a lot better. I do think its allergies also because why when I put on the mascara my eyes flared back up? I went to a rhuemotologist today and he checked me for sjorens disease. My endocrinologist also is checking my FSH too but she said my hormone levels came back normal in the bloodwork.

Comment

I am an acupuncturist. Have your acupuncturist do Gall Bladder 1. This point is near the eye and will increase tear production.
      I do not blame my patients for their health problems. If you have an inflammation, I suggest bromelain. It is a natural anti-inflammatory enzymes. You take it internally.

You can also take garlic and andrographis, they are natural anti-biotics. I would take Kyolic garlic three times a day with food to kill bacteria.

You can have a lot of internal heat and it does not affect your eyes necessarily. I eat a lot of sugar and do not have infected eyes. By conclusion, eating sugar is not causing your red eyes!!

If your eyes are already inflamed, anything you do like putting on mascara would irritated them even more.

Comment

Originally posted by AcupunctureForDryEyes View Post
        I am an acupuncturist. Have your acupuncturist do Gall Bladder 1. This point is near the eye and will increase tear production.
        I do not blame my patients for their health problems. If you have an inflammation, I suggest bromelain. It is a natural anti-inflammatory enzymes. You take it internally.

You can also take garlic and andrographis, they are natural anti-biotics. I would take Kyolic garlic three times a day with food to kill bacteria.

You can have a lot of internal heat and it does not affect your eyes necessarily. I eat a lot of sugar and do not have infected eyes. By conclusion, eating sugar is not causing your red eyes!!

If your eyes are already inflamed, anything you do like putting on mascara would irritated them even more.
        Hi! Thanks for the advice. How many MG of bromelain do you suggest? Also can you provide a link for the andographis, not sure where to buy and how much do I take? How many MG of kyolic. The acupuncturist told me today that eyes problems are not easy to cure and they take time he told me 2 or 3 months. Is that true? I don't have red eyes either my eyes look good they are white but I'm still in pain from inflammation and burning of the lids and dryness. They feel like sand paper underneath.

Comment

I use Source naturals bromelain. I use 2,000 GDU, in one pill, at a time. If you can only find a smaller dosage, just take more. It often comes in 600 GDU.

I take Kyolic Reserve, which is made with no fillers.

I did not treat eye diseases in my clinic. I treated them on myself. It is not a common thing for people to even try acupuncture for that. For each ailment, the acupuncturist might need to do research to determine which points are best. There are over 400 points on the body. Each acupuncturist might have a different background. I did a lot of research on my own.

http://www.amazon.com/A-Manual-Acupu...1345736&sr=8-1

That is the book I used to determine which point to use. Tell your acupuncturist to look for "superficial visual obstruction". This problem is not something you would learn in school.

You should feel relief on your first acupuncture treatment. If he/she does Gall Bladder 1

If he has the Deadman book, he can find information on this. It is not common for an acupuncturist to know this. It has to be reasoned through and studied. As you can imagine, Lasik dry eyes did not exist in Ancient China, so that is not in the curriculum. However, eye problems did exist. And they found cures for them!

I did acupuncture 1-2 times per day for maybe 3 days. It was 10 years ago, so it's hard to remember.

If you had the surgery longer ago, it will take a little longer to re-establish nerve flow. 2-3 months is highly unlikely.

Comment

If worse comes to worse, tell him to show you how to locate that acupuncture point and use an acupuncture tack.

Comment

Thanks for all the excellent information!! I have had acupuncture before and I am amazed at what an effect it has on the body! I experienced great relaxation.

What would an acupuncture tack be?

Comment

I just found this link. . .accupuncure and lasik dry eye!

http://www.acupuncturebenefits.org/a...lasik-dry-eye/

Comment

Thanks accupuncture for dry eyes.
                  I don't know how much longer I am going to continue with this dr. I thought he was very knowledgeable. I know he is good with musculoskeletal problems but now I'm not so confident in him with my eyes. I don't like the idea of me having to tell him where to put the needles. He is the one who is supposed to know this and is the Doctor. He probably won't like it either if I question him or tell him what to do. He allready told me it can take 2 to 3 months to get rid of this. He told me that he has other patients with dry eye but no pain like I have. He said the eyes are very difficult to treat which kind of makes me nervous about continuing to see him. I'm trying to give him a chance. My insurance only covers 20 visits which is about 10 weeks bc I've been going 2x per week and I've allready seen him 7 visits. It was feeling a little bit better until I used the mascara.
                  I have one more question, what brand of andrographis to you suggest and how much per day? Thanks for the advice!! We all appreciate it!
                  Lisa

Comment

acupuncture for dry eyes

Hi acupuncturefordryeyes,

One more thing I never had lasik surgery.

Also please tell me the brand and amount to take of the andrographia and how long do you take these supplements? Do they work quickly or do they take some time?

Thanks!!

Comment

Ha. That is my website. Acupuncturebenefits.org

I wrote that article and did not know if it would ever show up for lasik dry eyes.

If your acupuncturist will do the acupuncture point by the eye, Gall Bladder 1, you should improve. If he/she refuses to do that, you need to go to someone else.

It should not take 2-3 months to get rid of dry eyes. It depends on how long ago you had your surgery. But, it took me a few days to get better.

You can also try magnetic pellets. It is a more gentle stimulation, but certainly worth a try. I have an article I wrote about it here:

http://www.aidsnaturalsleep.com/acup...elp-you-sleep/

I use magnetic pellets for a variety of things. They are also very inexpensive!

Comment

I use planetary formulas full spectrum Andrographis. Actually, I use a brand you cannot buy on the internet, but this is the brand I would take if I bought over the counter.

I'm in Dallas and will gladly help people for free with their eye problems. I will show you where the acupuncture point is and do what I can for you.

I cannot imagine the agony of suffering with this for years. I only suffered a week and it nearly drove me nuts.

Regarding the andrographis. I had a bladder infection and knocked it out in a day with herbs. I took it every two hours. That is very aggressive though. I was in a hurry...

Comment

https://www.pocacoop.com/clinics

You can find a community acupuncture office in your area here. Community acupuncture is given in a group setting. Cost starts at $20.

Please tell your friends about this.

Comment

http://www.lasikdryeyes.com/how-to-t...asik-dry-eyes/

That is a page on my site that shows you where the point is.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I do not know how to make the system notify me if someone has responded to me.

Comment

I found a video showing where Gall bladder 1 is. The sound quality is not so good. I posted it on the Lasik page.

You just feel along the eye socket, just behind that is the point. You can try the magnetic pellets here.

http://www.acupuncturebenefits.org/a...lasik-dry-eye/

Comment

I do not know how to make the system notify me if someone has responded to me
                                You can use 'Subscribed thread' in 'Quick links' on the blue bar up top, and do a one-click move to check your subscribed threads when you log on. The acupuncture information is great, thank you.
                                I eat a lot of sugar and do not have infected eyes. By conclusion, eating sugar is not causing your red eyes!!
                                Systemic sensitivities seem different for everyone, as allergies are. Sugar gives LM red eyes because she has a rosacea skin flareup. Her most dramatic, instant and shocking red eye flareup so far was after taking one sneeky sip of hot wine punch, although I understand this was histamine. Also, interestingly, on taking flaxseed oils. After some major dietary triggers, the eye flares now bring debilitating burning pain. Some call acne 'diabetes of the skin'.
                                Last edited by littlemermaid; 18-Mar-2012, 23:39.
                                Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
                                X