young sufferer of dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• young sufferer of dry eyes

Hi my name is chris and I suffer with dry eyes that have been diagnosed as a eye infection.

The problem started 2 years ago when I was 31 during the summer I was playing an xbox game and then suddenly developed a sharp eye pain in my left eye, it felt like something was in my eye but was more itnense then I had ever had before, I was almost having a fit with the pain and the eye teared up, usually the eye tearing up would flush out a loose eye lash or something but the pain persisted. I cannot remember much else but I know I eventually got to sleep somehow but the next day the pain was back as it never really fully went away. I eventually went to a&e (in UK) and they said my cornea was scratched and gave me anti biotic drops. I reckon I caught my infection there. 2 years later I still have this apparent infection and my eyes rarely tear up anymore.

They cause me problems everyday and make me scared to go out incase the pain sets off and I have to shut them.

Most over the counter eye drops I also seem to have a bad reaction to. I will post more info if anyone is interested.

Hi Chris - Have you found an ophthalmologist to help you work out what's happened? Eg whether the antibacs have set you up with chronic eye surface damage or whether you have fixable mgd or whether there is still untreated infection.

Do you remember scratching your eye then, or do you think it's something else?

If your local NHS is letting you down, I would seriously consider going private for a good examination. I know paying is no guarantee of a good diagnosis, it's about finding the right person who can assess your eyes. If you post up your region you might get recommendations.

Meanwhile, have you found drops you like that feel like they're helping? And wraparounds for when you go out? We are interested.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
    X