Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery for slk

Hello
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I recently had surgery with dr tseng in Miami for SLK which I have suffered with for many years and it has so far been a complete success! I had conjunctival Chalasis with amniotic graft. I previously had to wear contact lenses as bandages for more than two years.

Congratulations!! I had the same surgery in both eyes with Dr. ****** in Tampa. Mine was a complete success as well. The real story, it to let the public know that this type of SLK can be the result of complications with dry eye. If someone is reading this and eye drops are not working for you, it may be time to look further to the real problem. Surgery may be the best solution with a great surgeon like Dr. ****** or Dr. Tseng.

Comment

Absolutely true!

Comment

Golfadtk, I've been struggling with SLK for 2 years (diagnosed for 1 year) and recently found relief with bandage lenses. I'm curious why you ended up having surgery. Weren't the lenses helping?

Comment

Yes they helped but there were times I could not wear them because of allergy or just tired eyes and it was painful not to. I figured I could not wear contacts forever and it was time to move on.There were times they were still problematic even with contacts in. This is the first time in a very long time that I can actually wear eye make!!

Comment

Working...
          X