Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Eyes treated as allergies for years!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eyes treated as allergies for years!!!!

Hi everyone!!! I am new here so just wanted to introduce myself. I am 45 year old female who has been told for years by millions of Drs that I have allergies....for years I have taken every known allergy pill to mankind. My eyes got soooo bad I was driving my kids to school and almost crashed because I couldn't see clearly!!!
    I then INSISTED I have allergy testing done and guess what??? NO allergies!!! My allergist basically just said "I can't help you"...
    So I made an apptmt with an eye Dr. who said I have dry eyes.....put me on Restasis....did not work. I called him and left a message saying "not working, tried for 4 months...whats next?"
    Eye Dr. called me back and left me a stupid message saying tears are an important part of our bodies etx........not offering me any other medicine or treatment.
    Thats when I decided to start searching online and found you all!

Hi mamaskoby,
    Welcome! I just turned 22 and I have pretty much been told by my doctors it's just allergies.
    I used to wear contacts, but I became intolerant to them; I had thought that it was just the brand, but when I switched and they still became dry and bloodshot, I knew there was a problem.
    I stopped wearing contacts for while and my eyes got better, but they were still RED. I have an opthamologist that put lower punctal plugs (have you inquired to your opthamolagist about them?) and they seemed to help a great deal. My eyes were still red but I was able to look at a computer screen and not feel it strain as much.
    My opthamologist also did Lasik on me recently. I do have a bit of dryness but it is suprisingly getting better as the days go on.
    I was on pred forte, but I cannot use that for long time. Once i stopped it my redness and irriations have gotten worse.
    So he put me on restasis and FLarex.

Restasis to me burns my eyes for a bit but then i put flarex in after that to stop the infllamation/redness. it works for a awhile and i keep puttting in refreshe preservative free drops.

All in all for me the dryness hasnt really been a problems, its just really the inflamattion and redness.

I wish you the best of luck in finding eye comfort and we are all here for you!

Comment

I don't regret my decision for lasik.

I felt like my Doctor didn't feed me BS. on anything. I've come to realize that my eyes aren't half as bad as other people's out there. I am taking it day at a time.

I know I inquired about Lasik and dry eye. But I didn't heed the warnings. Yes my eyes are still red, but that's my main problem right now. I feel if I can get ovver my insecurity over having red eyes, I can handle it. I don't have any problems with severe dry eye, i dont feel any pain, or grittiness. It's just the redness. i don't regret my descision to get lasik.

Comment

Working...
      X