Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With Dry Eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With Dry Eyes!

All my experiences have been very similar to yours. In 1993 I was seized with uncontrollable blinking, at that time very few Doctors in the UK had seen a patient with this condition. My wife, has wives often do, had told me 101 times that all I needed was a new pair of glasses and I'd be cured which I doubted. Even so I did visit an Optician who ordered me to immediately visit the local hospital A & E wing. I did so and was seen by a Junior Doctor who alerted his colleagues that a very interesting case had arrived, in no time five other Doctors came to see what the fuss was about. All 6 then took great delight in observing my eye movements. My eyes were blinking at maybe 100 times per minute. After examining me they went to talk in the corridor and I heard every word that was said including some callous remarks along the lines of "God, would I hate to be like that". I was rather annoyed at this remark and others, but what can you do?

During the next five years a progression of things connected to my eyes occurred. I was diagnosed with dry eyes, blepharitis and blepharospasm. It was reassuring knowing I was going to be treated by experts [sic] but little did I know what was to follow over the next 10 years. It never occurred to me that I would be given Doxycillan, which will NOT cure this condition, that I would be fitted with punctal plugs twice with both sets falling out, nor did I know that my tear ducts would be cauterised twice!, and that I would receive Botox every 3 months, with the first lot nearly killing me [Botox can kill and quite often it will give you botox flu] No one informed me my condition was incurable, nor mention that MGD was the root cause of my problems and I had no advice on eye-care, or eye-scrubs, or simply warming your eyes regularly with heat pads, or how strep germs and tow other little beasties love human eye sockets to nest in.

My own opinion is our eye problem/s are mostly MGD, an infection of the tear glands. All of us need to practice daily 2 minutes eye-lid warm water swabbing routines. Many of us, if not most of us, need Cyclosporene [Restasis] and each day we should swallow two low cost vitamin tablets: the two I would recommend are Folic Acid and vitamin ***Zinc tablets***. A little secret streph germs hate any taste of zinc in your body and cannot go forth and multiply when it's about.

I am a new member, I speak bluntly as most Brits do, and love America. So far I have visited 39 former British States, and regret strongly the USA was snatched from us by some wicked, villainous rebels, three of which still remain on our Top 10 most wanted list. As a sign of forgiveness I look forward to visiting the Kentucky Derby next year, and when I get bored New York calls. [NY, NY, it's a wonderful town] Thank You for reading this, and my regards: Bob W. England.

Although dry eye and all the other ailments of the eye just down right stink and I am sorry you are suffering form it, your last paragraph gave me a good laugh. Thanks!
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Working...
    X