No announcement yet.

Glaucoma & dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karjade I really feel for you as I have had similar experiences over the last couple of months - the 'treatment' for my blepharitis seems to be making my eyes worse, if anything. I too am starting to wonder if products like Blephasol may be irritating my eyes.

I hope you get on well at your appointment on Monday to talk about CBT. It works wonders for some people (not me, sadly!). While I was going through my course of CBT I used a book called 'Mind over Mood' (Greenberger & Padesky) which was a good introduction to the techniques and help with filling out thought records, etc. There are lots of books out there, of course, on this subject but this was one recommended to me by my therapist.

Comment

Karjade,
      I am glad litttlemermaid mentioned the oral Glaucoma medication Diamox (I actually took the generic). This drug really saved me when I was having horrible eye pain, reddness etc. from all of the drops and after several surgeries. With the use of Diamox I was able to get my pressure under control and it gave my cornea a break!!. I think I took it for 6 to 7 months. It really saved me from having a very extensive surgery. I now take one PF free drop (Timoptic in Occudose) in the AM. If you would like more info please feel free to PM me.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Unicorn - the blepharitis products seem also to make my eyes sore and worse. I have also tried Lid-Care sterile wipes which are soapy and these definitely make my eyes sore and dry. I am using Supranettes which seem much more gentle. I contacted Scope Pharmacy Company which prescribe Hylo Forte Dry eye drops which I have on regular repeat with my doctor and they sent me some sample of OCuSOFT which are lid scrub eyelid cleansers. They really made my eyes sore, dry and blurry - I tried them for three days and that was enough. They are soapy like Lid Care and you have to rinse your eyes after with water. These definitely made my eyes worse - so for a couple of days I cleaned my eye lids with boiled water. I then use heat pads and massage my eyes to get the oild glands working - so they say. I then put dry eye drops in. I put the glaucoma drops in at night and then use lacrilube which is horrible and thick but once I am asleep I don't know. When I wake up I start again with the routine - I have not missed a day either but I do feel I might be overdoing things sometimes which can make my eyes sore. I have never heard of Diamox - I use Xylatan and this does keep the pressure down - my eye pressure was 14 in both eyes a month ago. All this takes over your life and if I can get it under control then I would not mind doing it but as yet it is not. Will let you know how I get on with the CBT - I have read a little bit about it and it does seem a bit long winded. I need a quick fix to calm me down! Thank you again everyone and I will certainly look on Moorfields website.

Comment

Working...
        X