Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings - Getting Worse, Can't Take it Any More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings - Getting Worse, Can't Take it Any More!

I'm glad I found this forum, my DES (right eye only) has gotten a lot worse lately. My eye lids are sore from mopping up all the excess tears that would otherwise run down my cheek and I'm getting burning sensations much more often.

I'll be posting asking if there are any decent Dry Eye doctors in Austin Texas. I did see an ophthalmologist last summer and all he did was say it was caused by the dry air (big drought in TX last year), take some drops and see him if it doesn't get better after a few weeks.

Bob,

Is there a chance that the tear duct is clogged?

Rose

Comment

I just came back from a visit with a new doctor who seemed pretty good. This after seeing only one doctor before around Aug 2011 who has since retired and I don't think was very good.

She didn't say anything about clogged tear duct but she did put me on Lotemax, an anti inflamatory steroid. She observed inflamation which she said was contributing to dryness. So I'll be on that for a week until my follow-up after which she said she may put me on Restasis and maybe some plugs in the drainage ducts. She seemed optimistic she could get this under control.

What was new and interesting for me at this Dr visit was discovering that my left eye is in DES also and I never knew it. It didn't have the symptoms my right eye has. Good thing that got caught before it got worse.

Comment

Working...
      X