Its not just me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not just me..

Hi, Firstly thankyou for this website whiich was recommended by a Opthamologist across the pond(I am based in the UK)

I have chronic red eyes. I used Murine eye drops for a long long long time , If I could turb back the clock to the day the chemist showed me the eye drops....

On the positive I have gone cold turkey for about three months. I am grateful to that
    Are my eyes better , I would say yes but still quite prominent red especially when i use a PC. I am looking to overcome this issue as it has impeded things in life...which we all know is not good.

I am going to see an opthamologist to see what the underlying issue is.. If It could improve anout 50% I would be quite happy. It would be great to hear from anyone with similar issues, especially in the UK.. Thanks all and good luck to you as well.....

Hi vassy, i know posted this a while ago but i though id share my story with You as,like many on here, it is Similar to yours. I too overused murine drops for years. Im 21 years old and have been suffering from the rebound Affect for about a year, i too went cold turkey for 3 months. Now i find that my eyes are bad in morning, then settle Down and are reasonably acceptable throughout the day until about 5 o clock when they start to deteriorate quite rapidly, because of this i rarely go out on nights out, which is a bit poor seen as though i am currently at uni.

I take flaxseed oil which helps but im starting to think this damage is permenant, which is a shame but not the end of the world. Where state are your eyes in ow, as its been a few months since this post.

Comment

Hi Joe,Thanks for your reply. It has been about 9 months since I have gone old turkey....

My eyes seem to have stagnated, It is not unbearable I jsut look like I have been partying . I have good/ bad days.

One thing I would say , as we live witht he issue we explode it more then it actually is. Please , please dont let it take over your life, you are at uni so enjoy it as much as possible. I hold up a good job and ok social life.

I am glad I not addicted to Murine no more and if I could turn back the clock I would.

There is some development by a company call Alpha Synergy which is developing a drug names Luminese which is eye whitener without rebiund affect. It has passed stage 2 development so only two more rounds to go. Here hoping... http://www.revophth.com/content/d/th...opics/c/35994/ I guess by your english you are in the UK? If you want to discuss please feel free to contact us again.. Thanks

Comment

I needed to hear that. The part where you said dont let it take over your life. I just dont know where to start. Im 25.

Comment

Hey all,

I'm in the same situation. I used Bright Eyes Whitening Drops for a long, long time and I'm suffering the consequences now. My eyes are really dry, sensitive and red and can't stand rooms with air con or heating or the air in bigger cities. I quit the stuff last April. I'm 20 and still have two years of university life ahead of me. This problem is so debilitating and affects my confidence massively.

What I hope someone will tell me is, will tears come back eventually? Is the recovery time linked to the period of time vasoconstrictors were used?

Comment

Working...
          X