just diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just diagnosed

Yesterday, I finally got a diagnosis for my tearful and painful eye problem that I have been experiencing for over a month. SLK! After a month, the other eye now has the same problem. Never heard of it before but learned a lot by reading the posting on this site. I now know what questions to ask when I see the doc next time.

Presently on drops but am without contacts. I am pondering throwing the contacts away and just getting glasses. Any thoughts on that issue from those in the know??

welcome and congratulations on getting a diagnosis. From my own experience and what I've heard from others, getting an SLK diagnosis can take a long time. In my case 10 months.

I found upper punctual plugs provided immediate relief. Unfortunately they were uncomfortable for me and tended to fall out, so I changed to contacts which are working well.

As for drops, Restasis helped to control the inflammation but took a while. Systane ultra was the best OTC drop, and refresh pm as a nighttime ointment.

Feel free to pm me if you feel I can be of any help.

Comment

Thanks

So, contacts are ok to wear with SLK? I thought they irritated the eye even more.

Comment

Contacts definitely did not irritate my eyes. They seemed to provide protection from my eyelids while trapping moisture. I've heard from others on this site with SLK who found they couldn't tolerate contacts. Perhaps you can do a trial like I did to find out.

Comment

I wear contacts now...gas permeable. While doing the drops, I am not wearing them as they really irritate my eyes. Will discuss this with the doc Friday. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
          X