My Dry Eye Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dry Eye Story

Hello everyone....so glad this forum exists for those struggling with dry eye! I have Roseatic Blepharitis (Ocular Rosacea). I've had this condition for about two years now. My ophthalmologist has tried many methods of treatment (antibiotics, drain plugs, Restasis, allergy eye drops, lubricating eye drops, steroid eye drops, cool/warm compresses, eye lid scrubbing kits). Most recently, I purchased some Micro Environment Glasses (MEGs). I work in a high school library where I struggle with exposure to chemicals such as book binding adhesives and fresh ink, office/cleaning supplies and the fragrances (fumes) so loved by teenagers and some adults. With rare exceptions, every work day is misery for my eyes. When it becomes so painful that I'm unable to open my eyes for long, I leave work for the day. Unfortunately, it takes several hours and lots of compresses for my eyes to become comfortable again. It's such a frustrating situation. I seldom think about my eyes on weekends. At home, life is good - we're fragrance and chemical-free! I have had one small victory recently. I'm wearing my MEGS at work to deflect the forced air/heat that used to aggravate my condition. They're great for windy days too. I also try to limit my computer use which is hard on the eyes. I keep the brightness down when I do use it. That's my dry eye story.

Dear Bellasmadre, your story sounds very similar to mine. One of the things that seems to help me are moisture goggles that I wear overnight. There is info on this site about them.

Comment

Hi Bellasmadre,

I sent you a private message. Could you please take a look when you have a second? Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X