Hello, I'm new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm new here!

I'm now 27 and have dry eye about 4 months. My schimmer test is about 1 or 2, but the doctor mentioned nothing about the MGD so I don't know if I have it. They say my eyes are healthy except the dryness.
    I'm so panic because I can find few information here(Taiwan) and every time when I see the doctor, they seems that they can do nothing for me but some artificial tears.
    I just can't find out what is the cause of my dry eye. The only reason is the use of sleeping drug Lorazepam and stilnox, I use stilnox for two days and got severe dry eyes in the second day.
    And after that, my dry eyes seems to be activated ! It is normal when I stop using stilnox for that" two days", however, when I take lorazepam, it seems that my eye get dryer and dryer! Now I have severe dry eye.
    I stop taking the drug for about one week! But it just not get better at all.
    I keep blinking my eyes and can't open them because my dryness! And also I hear the blinking sounds between my lid and eyeball whenever I blink! I hate that so muuuuuuch!!

I'm planning to have a trip to France in August, however, I have to cancel the trip because I don't know what will happen to my eye in the airplane or whether I can open my eye or not under the sun.
    Also I give up a test that I have to take in the end of this month.
    I feel frustrated and don't even want to go out!
    I just can't understand why it just happened!!?

Carol

Hi Carol. You came to the right place! There is a lot of good information on this site; browse around at the posts and look at the articles. You'll learn a lot, and find helpful hints and reasons to be hopeful. Here's a coincidence- I had to cancel a trip to Paris for a conference this summer because of my dry eyes! I was also afraid that I wouldn't be able to open my eyes after being on the plane for hours, and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see signs in the airport or get around in Paris by myself. I hope that when I learn to manage my chronic dry eyes better that I'll be able to travel again, and I hope you will be too.

Comment

Greetings Carol.

Ever since I got DES every new thing I sought to undertake in life seemed like an insurmountable impossibility until I actually went and did it. My first flight was very scary but alas, nothing happened to me and I have gone on to fly many times since.

Never ever let your eyes make you feel as if you must cancel things in your life. Equip yourself with things that will bring you comfort but most of all equip your brain with the anticipation of a wonderful time! When I went hiking on the Appalachian Trail I took with me some eye drops that I actually never ended up using but kept sequestered in my bag for weeks.
      "If you desire healing, let yourself fall ill." - Rumi

Comment

Working...
      X