New here... am I missing anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here... am I missing anything?

Hello everyone, I am new here in the sense that this is my first post, but I have been browsing the forums here for a while...

I have PRK-induced dry eye. I feel like I have tried everything under the sun and am not getting any results, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone can think of something I'm missing.

I had PRK done on both eyes just over 18 months ago. Since then, I have been struggling with severe dry eye, especially at night. Most nights, I have to get up and apply artificial drops 2-4 times. Still, many times I wake up with acute pain in my eye(s) from my eyelids sticking to my eyeballs (I think this is called RCE).

I have some dry eye issues during the day as well, however it is less severe and more manageable. I would be so happy just to mitigate the issues I have at night!

Here are the things I have tried:

Megared Krill Oil
    Humidifier in bedroom
    Stopping direct airflow to face
    Drinking more water
    Moist warm compress before bed
    Traditional sleep mask
    Ocusoft lid scrub
    Systane and Genteal artificial drops
    Eurithromycin ointment (prescription)
    Temporary inner punctal plugs
    Happy thoughts

My eye doctor insults me by telling me that my dry eye isn't caused by PRK, however I never used to have ANY dry eye problems until after the surgery. Sigh... if I could go back in time, I would.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've been thinking about maybe switching to a different brand of drops.. not sure if that will make a difference.

Drew

Hello Drew, How do you use the erythromycin ointment? Have you seen other docs for advice too?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi littlemermaid,

I put a small amount of it on my pinkie finger and then pull back my lower eyelid smear it into that little pocket. This ointment has probably given me the most relief out of anything I've tried, however lately it seems like it isn't working as well... not sure why.

I've currently only been seeing one eye doctor, so maybe its time to get a second opinion.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X