Dry Eye Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Issues

I had Lasik about 9 years ago and since have had dry eyes. My right eye has complete plugs but my left eye only has the lower plug at this time. My right eye does have a little excess tearing however i can handle that verses the dryness and burning. My left eye was doing great unitl about 2 months ago and now it is driving me crazy, it is so dry, so i allowed my Dr. to insert another plug in the upper lid and it caused so much tearing that i had to go and have it removed. But now i am in such a mess i am reaching for the drops about every 5 minutes. This is not liviable. There has got to be a solution to this. Does anyone out there have any advice on different plugs that i can go back to my Dr. and say, Hey lets try this!!! Also i did have the internal plug inserted by a different Dr. several years ago so i have no idea if that thing is still there or not, it really does concern me, I hope it is not causing an issue right now. Has anyone had any problems with these type plugs?

Hmm, I really don't know if the plug is still there. But, there are flow control plugs on the market that are supposed to help with excess tearing. I don't know if they work, just a suggestion. Btw, I feel your pain.
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Thank you, i will check on this.

Comment

I was told enteral plugs lasted only 6 months. So they may not be there if its been several years?

Comment

You may be right, they may not be there any longer. But the only thing is i was told they had to be flushed out, so just not sure. Thanks for the input. Also one thing i have found that has helped with my dry eye is the Refresh P.M. oimtment, i have been using it day and night, and yes i do start out a little blury but then it levels out and does last for hours compared to the drops. With the drops i was reaching for them about every 5 minutes, just was not working for me. At least this has helped me until i can find another solution. Also with the drops its like the more i used them the more i needed them, almost like a rebound affect. Does anyone else have this issue. Drives me crazy!!!
          Last edited by Edie; 23-Jul-2012, 05:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Edie View Post
            I had Lasik about 9 years ago and since have had dry eyes. My right eye has complete plugs but my left eye only has the lower plug at this time. My right eye does have a little excess tearing however i can handle that verses the dryness and burning. My left eye was doing great unitl about 2 months ago and now it is driving me crazy, it is so dry, so i allowed my Dr. to insert another plug in the upper lid and it caused so much tearing that i had to go and have it removed. But now i am in such a mess i am reaching for the drops about every 5 minutes. This is not liviable. There has got to be a solution to this. Does anyone out there have any advice on different plugs that i can go back to my Dr. and say, Hey lets try this!!! Also i did have the internal plug inserted by a different Dr. several years ago so i have no idea if that thing is still there or not, it really does concern me, I hope it is not causing an issue right now. Has anyone had any problems with these type plugs?

Has anyone ever tried GLA for dry eye?

Comment

Just had a terrible vist with my Dr. today. I went in to see if i could try a different plug for my left eye for dry eye issues. So when i was trying to explain it to him that i had done a lot of research on plugs and i wanted to try one particular plug he was not even aware of it. He then started telling me well you know that Lasik causes dry eyes. I thought are you kidding me right now. He then said you are not going to get perfection, i said i am not looking for perfection i am looking for something that i can live with. I also told him, you really don't get it do you!! Oh and he wanted me to order the plugs myself, and then i could bring them to him and he would put them in. What a jerk and so unprofessional. Well i guess you know i will not be back to see that A.......!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X