Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie

Hi.
    I,m another newby,and will be 64 next year.I have always struggled with facial flushing,but no other symptoms. 8 years ago I developed eye problems.Last year I got a referral and a diagnosis of ocular rosacea.

I gave up on babyshampoo scrubs,as they aggravated my eyes.Now I use a commercial product ,Blephasol,which suits me fine.The opthamologist suggested applying this with my little finger and massaging in along the eyelids.(Easy to use and lasts 2 months...... ) hope this helps. My Dr. said it was working well.
    Also, I just use a folded face flannel, with a jug of hot water by my side , as a compress..and listen to music .I have a selection that last about 5 mins.Very relaxing
    I had 6 months clear of symptoms after taking doxycycline, but now it doesn,t seem to work, my eyes are a constant bother ,especially when I go out, and so I am presently desperate to find some windproof glasses here in the uk. That,s a challenge, but as I am realising life with eye problems is just that.

Hi Fio,

Nice to have you join us. Glad you are managing ok with compresses and blephasol. Now, about the eyewear, can I ask what kind of eyewear you would prefer? For example, do you need eyewear that provides lubrication for the eyes to keep them wet and moist, because if thats the case then the dryeyeshop here has some good eyewear to help with that. If you just want sun protection and from the weather/wind then I would suggest just buying those really big celebrity type dark tinted sunglasses from some of the UK shops that dont have any gaps that let in the light or air for you. You can choose if you want the tinted ones or clear ones as they sell a large variety of tints and colours.

Comment

Working...
    X