X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Lacrimal Revive Naturally?

I am Alex-51 years.

Troubles me for 2 months.

Had many types of treatments but to no avail, Doxy, Hot Fomentation, Lid massages, steriods, antibiotics.

Had & having my share of pain/ discomfort in eyes.

Dr wants me to start Restasis (o-o x 15 days & may be long time thereafter), because he thinks Allergan's needs money more than I do. I am avoiding to start Restasis, but may have to give in ultimately, made hapless by pain. I am very highly discouraged by Restasis reports in this superb website for us sufferers.

If its months & years of Restasis then we humans deserve something better, in this time of high technology.

Tear production by lacrimal glands is the issue, & may be due to:
    1. Prolong computer use
    2. Ageing
    3. Ayurvedic Medication of Blood Pressure – Potent cause as after 2 months of use the symptoms showed up.
    4. Excessive Reading/ studying

The big question is, will these loving glands come back naturally & produce tears as much required? Without the hammer of Restasis.

Everyone is different. If you are lucky, your tears will come back. I've been suffering from low to no tear production for about 20 years now. Restasis helped at one time; I'm not sure that it does anymore but I'm afraid my tear production will be even worse without it. I went off of it years ago and the dryness came back, worse. I can't help but wonder if I had continued to use it, would my problem not be so severe now.

I don't know a lot about ayurvedic medication and your options for blood pressure; is it possible to try another drug or method for controlling your blood pressure? If indeed, your symptoms are caused by your current medication, it seems likely that you would resume tear production by discontinuing your current treatment. There are no guarantees though.

Comment

Which ayurvedic medication did you use?

Aren't ayurvedic medicines suppose to do not cause counter effects?

I would like to know because i'm taking some for my dry eyes (Trihala Ghritta and Netramritam eye drops some times).

Comment

Lacrimal Gland & less tears:

1. Ageing: If that be so all people above 60, 70 & 80 years of age must be struggling with some or more severe form of the Dry Eye. And definitely, that is not the case. Ageing is surely related to Skin and we can tell with some accuracy, the age of the person. And in our case, most people of ripe old age are not sufferers of Dry Eye. Hence, ageing may not be the cause or be insignificant cause?

I think it has to be something other than ageing, affecting lacrimal.

2. Prolong computer, TV, reading & studying: That the eye learns to not to blink & conditioned to not to produce required tears. If that be so, the revival must be there once we leave the habit of overdoing computer, TV, reading & studying. This must be a temporary phenomenon of low production of tears.

3. Medication: In all the probability, once the medication is off, within reasonable time thereafter, lacrimal must come back naturally.

4. There may be some other factor for this problems.

Meibomian Gland Dysfunction:
        That one has to regularly do hot compress, lid massage & scrab. Does it mean that from the day of the Dry Eye problem, the MG (Meibomian Gland) will produce thick meibum only, that it wont come out without the application of heat?

However, once the clogs are cleared, the MG should start to function normal. But does that happen? Why or why not?
        If clogs can be cleared, the Lipi Flo treatment etc should be 100% success for all. Probably, Lipi Flo too are not claiming 100% success. So what's the reason?

May be silly questions, but I have become so something, from the Dry Eye.

Comment

I agree i dont believe aging is the main cause either. Tear production may slow down, like with alot of things but it wouldnt cause severe dry eye unless other things are going on.

main causes imo:

Ocular rosacea
          Allergies
          systematical illness

Thnings that trigger dry eye: contacts, pc use, lasik, and so on.

Lipiflow unclogs the glands- but if theres extensive inflammation the glands are not going to function despite that. Thats why im not trying lipiflow because i have to much inflammation, lipiflow doesnt treat that.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
          X