Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBD/Dry Eyes

I am new to this site.
    I am so happy to have found a site like this.
    I have had severe MGD and Dry Eyes and conjuntivocholasis for the past 4 years. I live in NY and I have been all over the country to every possible Dr. I want to just close my eyes all of the time. I have tried everything from restasis, flaxseed oil, doxicycline, artificial tears preservative and non preservsative free, thera tears oil, warm compresses, expressing the eyes and then cleaning them with a cotton swab, cold soaks, punctal plugs top and bottom, Vitamin A cream from Dr. Tseng and most recently I had the operation from Dr. Tseng where he supposedly removed my conjunctivocholasis and did a membrane graft. Needless to say I am feeling no relief at all!!!
    I was reading that N-Acetyl - L-Cysteine with Glutathione may be a new thing that I should try? Does anybody have any other suggestions for me because I am at the end of my line??
    Please I welcome all help that I can get.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by aekahan; 20-Aug-2006, 18:44.

My recommendation... Call the Boston Foundation for Sight and talk to them about scleral lenses. That is the end of the line, and fortunately it's a very effective treatment for a variety of disorders, and unlike surgery is very low risk.

And welcome to Dry Eye Talk!!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

MGB/Ocular Rosacea

Hi,

I just introduced myself in a separate post, but wanted to follow up in regards to my diagnosis.

I have MGB and Ocular Rosacea. I get a terrible burning sensation around the circumference of my left eye that makes me insane. Of course, it starts out with a flare and lid swelling, then the burning is an added after effect. My right eye seems to tolerate these symptoms much better than my left eye does. The left eye had a small injury about 8 years ago, then after that a touric contact lense dried out and viced to the cornea while pulling it forward. The pain was tramatic.

I was on Minocycline for 2.5 years but am now resistant to it. Therefore, I don't believe any of the tetracyclines will work. (Oracea, Doxy).....

I currently use Blephamide Ointment at night, and warm compresses throughtout the day. My doc says to stay on this treatment regimen. I've considered Boston Scleral, but due to the ocular rosacea I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Any advice or other ideas that would work to get my glands moving would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X