any advice or tips please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice or tips please

Hi, just joined this forum as I've been struggling to cope with dry eyes and MGD for over 2 years. I'm finding it difficult to find drops that bring relief as current drops hylo tears tend to clog up in the corner of my eyes and irriate them and can make them redder. Would be great to hear about other drops or treatments that others find effective.

thanks

Hi Jinny,

I have been occasionally using hypromellose single dose, non preservative drops. These work well as an alternative to hylo tears (sodium hyalonurate). Something like this:http://www.venture-life.com/products/brand-five/

Comment

In remission, we are doing well on just normal saline 0.9% Minims vials (GP or pharmacist, low cost) in frequent use with Hylotears maybe 1/2/day. We were getting a bit sensitive to the hypromellose drops (Celluvisc).

There's been interesting talk here about flushing under the upper eyelid rather than just putting drops into the lower sac and some people have had good improvement on that.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi littlemermaid,

That's interesting about using normal saline. Do you use it on its own as lubrication for the eyes, or is it just to dilute the hylonurate drops?

Comment

Originally posted by jinny1978 View Post
          Hi, just joined this forum as I've been struggling to cope with dry eyes and MGD for over 2 years. I'm finding it difficult to find drops that bring relief as current drops hylo tears tend to clog up in the corner of my eyes and irriate them and can make them redder. Would be great to hear about other drops or treatments that others find effective.

thanks
          I have the same issue as you do. So if you got some better solution, let me know. Thanks

Comment

Hi Lacrima, No diluting of eyedrops. We just use saline like some of the Americans do (Unisol) to keep the eye surface moist. It disappears really fast so we also use eg Hylotears or whatever's tolerated which clings on longer, depending on the state of the eyes. The osmolarity of ophthalmic saline is supposed to be near normal tear and to reduce stress on the eye surface to draw moisture from within, but I imagine eyedrops are generally formulated for this now, hopefully. Our problem has always been finding eyedrops to use with sensitive eyes that promote healing x
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply will try the upper flushing of the eyelid particularly with saline to see if this helps.

Comment

Hi, thanks I've gone back to celluvisc but was worried it won't last as long I've also have been prescribed hydromoor which contains hypromellose. I've had a lot of mucus recently so that could be why the hylotears are n ot working for me.

Comment

Thanks for your answer littlemermaid Good info.

Comment

Working...
                  X