Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for first visit to an allergist

Hey everybody,
    Hope you all had a good weekend. This Wednesday I have my first appointment with an allergist. I have never been tested for allergies and I was wondering what tests/subjects I should discuss with him. I have recently been diagnosed with posterior blepharitis and MGD. Thanks!

/////////////////////
    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:14.

Comment

Yeah I know I plan on getting that checked out as well, but unfortunately I can't just pack up my bags and head to Florida at the moment haha. But, some people have had success with allergy testing/treatment so I am willing to give it a try. I plan on basically saying "test me for everything" but just like with eye doctors I worry that if I don't get specific it won't be productive.

Comment

Also Hankm, I understand that lipiflow only gave you temporary relief. I think you are already taking fish oil, but you should also consider taking a NAC supplement. I am about 40 days into my use of these two things, and I think my eyes have improved. Demodex allergy/infestation is definitely on my list, but I think it is important to try other "plans of attack" as well.

Comment

There are some people who got great benefit from the TRUE Type 4 allergy tests. I haven't done this, but if you search DEZ for T.R.U.E. or TRUE or Type 4, you'll get other's posts on this.

Perhaps if someone knows of a good webpage that explains the difference between Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, and Type 4 allergies/hypersensitivities, they can post it. I'll do a little search in a while...

Good luck.

Comment

Great thanks a lot for the help

Comment

http://pathmicro.med.sc.edu/ghaffar/hyper00.htm
              I like this guy talking about hypersensitivity, Abdul Ghaffar. Plus it's kosher - Univ of S Carolina School of Medicine.

I'm sick of getting little snorts of derision every time I attempt to raise this with docs. I'll be even more sick when they decide these are viable immunological conditions and identify the inflammatory pathways, then pretend they knew this all along. Sorry, bad doc day ~(>_<)~ (that's steam coming out the ears.) Love to hear about anyone getting useful testing for this. We have increasing sensitivities and allergies - topical and systemic.
              Last edited by littlemermaid; 24-Sep-2012, 07:02.
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
              X