Found and Cured My Own Solution!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found and Cured My Own Solution!!!!

I have chronic dry eye and posterior blepharitis. The dry eye is located in my eyes and the blepharitis on the outer rims. It is very painful and feels like pins and needles burning into my skin while my eyes are on fire. I explain it as feeling like I have shingles in my eyes. However, I have been in remission for 8 months now, and I am so grateful.
    I believe my blepharitis was caused by dry eye (I live in Arizona) along with lots of computer work and exacerbated with a medication I was taking for my heart (atrial fib) called flecainide. I was also taking allergy meds for years which do not cause this affliction, but can contribute to dry eye. I stopped both of these meds. Be sure to check the contraindications of all the medication you’re taking. Although my ophthalmologist has not corroborated this conclusion (because he says there is no known cause at this time), that is my own conclusion.
    After reading through a lot of forums regarding blepharitis, I was terrified that I would have this horrible affliction for the rest of my life. Being a female, I was further dismayed that I may never wear eye makeup again.
    But I’m writing to give you much hope. After reading a passage from a young teenage girl who was distraught, I decided to write this article. My heart went out to her because she has her whole life ahead of her and the thought of dealing with this affliction long term is depressingly grim. I currently wear eye makeup and went through an upper blepharoplasty which is elected eye operation for saggy skin. Not only did I cure it initially, but after a three-day occurrence, I was able to resolve the situation again.
    I tried many different solutions that I read online and came up with a combination of theirs and mine along with ideas from the doctors I visited. I bought soft baby cloths and used q-tips to apply cleansers. Although hot compresses may work, I found that cold compresses work better for me. I would try to hold a warm facecloth to my eyes which became cold in a matter of seconds, then wet it again and again. This went on for 20 minutes while I sat over the sink. What a pain! So I searched the internet and came up with these GREEN gel paks. The Dry Eye Zone sells these Thermoeyes Beads for hot and cold purposes and it lasts for 20 full minutes http://www.dryeyeshop.com/tranquiley...eads-p383.aspx. This was heaven to my eyes. (Don’t bother with the foam sets.) Be sure to get the XR (large) goggles because the green gel paks don’t fit into the regular size goggles, which a different company didn’t bother to tell me when I called for advice before buying (no returns). Since I couldn’t continue the Lotemax regime, Terrasil ended up being a miracle cream for me http://www.amazon.com/Terrasil-Thera.../dp/B00304CE9I. It can be used whenever you want for as long as you want.
    The first onslaught of dry eye combined with blepharitis was severe and the following regimen was instituted by my ophthalmologist:

• 50 mg Doxycycline antibiotic x2 day 60 count
    • Apply Lotemax ointment cream to eyelids twice daily with q-tip
    • Apply Lotemax drops 0.5% in both eyes 3 times a day
    • Apply green Thermoeyes Beads gel paks every 2-3 hours or prn for 20 minutes (hot and cold)
    • Cleanse eyes with Ocusoft foam or Thera Tears SteriLid cleanser with fingers and rinse.

This helps immensely but cannot be taken forever because the Lotemax will destroy your eyes. So I started looking for something over the counter which I used after the above regimen. I also used this when it reappeared after 6 months.

• Apply green Thermoeyes Beads gel paks at least 3 x per day or prn for 15-20 mins
    • Apply Terrasil to eyelids at least 3 x per day or prn (this miracle cream is safe and can be used all day long)
    • Apply Sensitive Refresh Celluvisc lubricant eye drops 2 x daily in am and pm
    • Apply SterilLid eyelid cleanser by hand or OcuSoft lid scrub Plus extra strength in packets am & pm
    • Cleanse with Ketoconzaole Shampoo 2% (presc) twice weekly for 1-2 months

After the red has disappeared and there is no more pain, I incorporated this routine into my daily life:

• Sensitive Refresh Celluvisc lubricant eye drops 2 x daily in am and pm
    • Apply Terrasil to eyelids at night or prn
    • Cleanse with OcuSoft lid scrub Plus formula extra strength in individual packets prn and/or
    • Cleanse with Ketoconzaole Shampoo 2% (presc) twice weekly for 1-2 months

I am so grateful to find something that works thanks to all the information I gleaned in the Dry Eye Zone forum. I changed my eye makeup to Mally volumizing mascara, makeup forever waterproof cream eye liner (black) with clean brush, and use eye cake pop which I wash off before I go to bed. My one wish is that the teenage girl and whoever has come across this article discovers their road to recovery.

Best of luck, Madonna

PS I love everything about the Dry Eye Zone and Rebecca Petris http://www.dryeyezone.com/.
    If you can’t afford the goggles and gel pak, you can use rice which I put in a baggy and cover with a soft baby cloth. http://www.dryeyezone.com/encycloped...ompresses.html. Or you can buy the green gel paks for only ($19.99) and hold them in place with your hands. I cover each eye separately while I watch tv http://www.dryeyeshop.com/thermoeyes...size-p393.aspx.
    For some fun, apply the blinking eye to your computer screen. It helps me make a concerted effort to blink more often http://www.dryeyezone.com/reminders/index.html.
    Will try if there ever is a “next time”: Freshkote Eye Drops to try http://www.freshkote.com/faq_5002_ct.aspx

/////////////////////
    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:15.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm an Italian patient in venice, here we are not talking about these issues, I would like to know if among you there are people who are positive Schirmer test. I am completely without tears and aqsciutto, I use the drops, and my eyes are fine, I noticed that at intervals of 1 month my Western are full of sand, and I also see how if I had a white veil in front, I do inpacchi of fresh water for relief, sometimes I take off my eyeballs so I ended up suffering, many of you were subjected to the treatment of lipoflow? and if it works in cases like me, I hope to dear friends, thank you all
      mooris

Comment

Madonna Thanks so much for posting! Sorry I didn't see and respond earlier but I'm just really happy to know you've been doing better so long and it's so kind of you to want to post to give others hope - the most valuable commodity isn't it!!!
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Madonna.. so Terrasil is safe to use on your eyelids?? i looked it up and it said not to use near the eyes...? does your eye doc say its safe? does it take the redness down? thanks!
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X