Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - I could really do with some help

Hi,
    I wonder if anybody could help me please, because I am quite confused and more than a bit worried!!
    I started suffering from DE about 2 months ago - I have posterior and anterior bleph, and mgd.
    I have no idea how it started. By the way I live in the northwest in the UK - if anybody wants to PM me feel free

My main problem is the night-time. I manage to get about 3 hours of sleep using viscotears, and wake up in real pain. My left eye seems to be far worse than my right eye. I then find it very difficult to get back to sleep.

During the day I use Rohto eye drops which I find quite soothing (individual capsules) and I can manage okay.

Does anyone have a proven method of getting about 6 hours of sleep a night? I have seen the tranquileyes and I have ordered those from this site in the hope that it will do the trick.

What is the best eye ointment / gel to use with them? Lacri-lube did nothing for me.

I appreciate any answer anybody can give me

I am so impressed by this website and the courage of all it's members, I don't know how you all put up with this affliction - god bless ya all

/////////////////////
    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:17.

Comment

For overnight, try a "Hypertonicity Eye Ointment." In the U.S. you have to ask the pharmacist for it (but you do not need a prescription). For some reason here, it is kept behind the counter. You'll want the Bausch & Lomb Muro Ointment or there is another brand made by Alcom. Both are: Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 5%, Hypertonicity Eye Ointment. This stuff works great.

I go back and forth between the Muro and the Systane Overnight Ultra Preservative Free. The Systane seems to be a bit heavier than the Muro. The Muro "feels" really good. Both are good for night use.

Comment

cyberaed,
        I use German Ursapharm ointments: VITA-POS and PARIN-POS. They are preservative free. They are with vit A and with heparin.
        I survive without erosions (4 months now!) since I use them every night, touch wood. Not sure if you can easily get them in the UK.
        For me an air humidifier is a must, especially if heaters are on.

Cali, I would love to try Muro since so many members recommend it, but I can't find anywhere in Europe, so I am afraid cyberaed won't be able to use it either?...

Comment

Working...
        X