X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chronic Inflammation of tear glands - ice treatment

Hi all,
    I am new here, just posted an introduction referring to red wine-
    now another approach, again from the kind-of "chronic inflammation" route.
    My dry eye problem occurs only overnight, meaning I wake up with sometimes very / irritable eyes.
    My opinion is, that the base problem lies with a chronic inflammation.
    In other periods, I had problems with back pain, stiff neck etc.
    Back then I was able to sort those things out with ice packs and massage.
    Ice / cooling is really something that slows down blood circulation locally at the affected point.
    It always work for me to sort out these pains that appeared to be somewhat of sports injuries.
    I am currently trying to widen the concept by applying it to my Dry eye problem.
    Meaning, there may be an underlying chronic inflammation condition that affects my whole body.
    Veterans or pros of this forum may give me some latin names for the diseases that you think are the case.
    Now the point of the post is, that if the ice helped with inflammations of muscles in my neck and back
    would there be a way to treat inflammations of the tear glands with ice / cooling? and maybe combine it with massage?
    I noticed tender spots in those corner of my eye cavities, where I suspect could be tear glands.
    I am trying the ice treatment out on those tender spots at the moment.
    For anyone who believes there is some truth in this theory, another component of this is that one may try to massage
    the back of the head, as there are a series of muscles there http://saveyourself.ca/articles/perf...occipitals.php
    whose Trigger points can cause tension headaches. How should this now be related, you may ask?
    My answer there would be that I think like with the massage of my back, inflammation and Trigger points are related.
    Trying to surround the inflammation problem? Your views on this? greetings

Cold compress is used against inflammation in any part of the body, I think.

But if you wanna go to the possible root causes of your chronic inflammation I think you should look for functional medicine or a more holistic approach, taking care of your nutrition and digestive system.

Comment

Bakunin, thanks. I shall approach this from a more holistic dietary side as well. Want to reduce dairy, oats, wheat... as possible origins for autoimmune reactions. It was just soooo easy to eat oats and wheatbix with yoghurt in the morning.... Trying to do the raw-food thing more often.
      Because I had good results treating inflammation on other parts of my body (neck, and back) with ice; I will pursue this road a little while, tho it can be somewhat painful to apply melting ice-cubes to eyelids.. Will avoid overdoing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post
        Bakunin, thanks. I shall approach this from a more holistic dietary side as well. Want to reduce dairy, oats, wheat... as possible origins for autoimmune reactions. It was just soooo easy to eat oats and wheatbix with yoghurt in the morning.... Trying to do the raw-food thing more often.
        Because I had good results treating inflammation on other parts of my body (neck, and back) with ice; I will pursue this road a little while, tho it can be somewhat painful to apply melting ice-cubes to eyelids.. Will avoid overdoing it.
        I don't think is a good idea aplying ice in tha eyelids, it can burn your eyes. I think a compress with cold watrer would be better.

Despite I don't have clinical signs of inflamation in my eyes, I feel my eyes inflammed and I think chronic inflammation im my eyes is my major issue. But what gives me relief is warm compresses, not cold. Reading some articles I found out that some nerves in the cornea have thremosensors that are activated when temperature falls, giving a dry eye like symptom. So, keeping my cornea warm gives me relief.

Comment

Working...
        X