• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DryDane!

Hi!

I´m a new member on this site!

48 years old male!

The days (months) i`m suffering very bad - my dry eyes are killing me slowly.

Trying almost everything - so now i`m waiting for a call - when my mini sclerals is arriwed...

Feeling that is my last hope...... trying to keep my career going (professional trumpet player).... when not working I`m lying on the sofa with my eyes closed...

Hoping so much that the sclerals will reduce my pain....please.....please....please...

anyone with my symptoms (pain) getting help from sclerals??

Hi Kenneth and welcome.

May I ask what caused your dry eyes?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi.... I know that my schirmers are not good... 2 on left 4 on right..
      TBUT not the Best... Exact diagnose hard to get so next step is visiting Oslo dryeye clinic.
      But first im looking forward to get my scleral lenses

Comment

The main I feel comes from the cornea therefore I hope sclerals will give me some relief

Comment

Rebecca!... U told mé earlier u successfully has been wearing sclerals for several years... Are u wearing to get pain relief or for other reasons? I only get them to get relief for my pain I the cornea.... Du u now others that have succeeded that way???

Comment

Hi Kenneth,

I really undestand when you say dry eyes are killing you slowly. That's exact how I feel during the 17 months I have had dry eyes. Like you, I also try to keep working and lay on the sofa with the eyes closed the rest of the time (ok, I need to clean house and go to the supermarket either.. and surfin the web I still do..).

You will find a lot of different approaches and information on this forum.

Now I'm focusing on nutrition, and giving time (months) to see if I will improve.

keep strong... we need to be strong as a rock, like someone says...

Comment

Hi bakunin

thanks for your words!

Yes I hope some day to find at least some relief that makes me believe again!

earlier I was a very positive thinking person,.. going to bed and looking forward to the next day, ... now I´m only looking forward to go to sleep...!!

These days I´M waiting for the call saying that my sclerals are arrived.... but I almost not dare to believe they will work for me.... but I hope

Don´t know what to do if not......:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                Rebecca!... U told mé earlier u successfully has been wearing sclerals for several years... Are u wearing to get pain relief or for other reasons? I only get them to get relief for my pain I the cornea.... Du u now others that have succeeded that way???
                Sorry I didn't see this before! My main reason for wearing sclerals is for vision... I can't see with glasses or soft contacts, only hard lenses, but I can't wear normal hard lenses because of dryness and pain. The sclerals have worked very well for keeping me pain free during the day though too. I speak frequently with people who are using sclerals (well, mostly though not exclusively PROSE) for pain and dryness. It's not always successful, but it often is.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca!

I know my eyes are good except from the very dryness ( bad schirmers ) .. so therefor i hope there is a chance that sclerals will be a good choice for me....
                  I get them ( mini sclerals ) here i Denmark, seems that i`m the first with that problem getting sclerals.... but the guy who is fitting them is the best in DK making hard lenses
                  so i hope that will be ok,... can you advice me things I have to be aware at the fitting session..... ??? And then I hope they are big enough to get relief, I think they are about 16 mm.

Kenneth!

Comment

Working...
                  X