Dry Eye Doc in NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Doc in NJ?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and currently having a horrible time with Blepharitis. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Dr. William Marcolini of Omni Eye Services (offices in Iselin and elsewhere in NJ). He seems to be up on the latest treatments including MGP. Many Thanks if anyone has any info.

Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and currently having a horrible time with Blepharitis. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Dr. William Marcolini of Omni Eye Services (offices in Iselin and elsewhere in NJ). He seems to be up on the latest treatments including MGP. Many Thanks if anyone has any info.

Also in NJ. 4 years of Blepharitis with no end in sight. Having Lipiflow in April at the Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia. Dr. Brendon Ayres is associated w the Wills Eye Institute. He also has an office in Marlton, NJ. He's excellent. I will let you know how it turns out. He has reported good results. Sorry to hear you are suffering with the same ailment. It does tend to make life miserable. Good luck! rppnj

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by rppnj View Post

Also in NJ. 4 years of Blepharitis with no end in sight. Having Lipiflow in April at the Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia. Dr. Brendon Ayres is associated w the Wills Eye Institute. He also has an office in Marlton, NJ. He's excellent. I will let you know how it turns out. He has reported good results. Sorry to hear you are suffering with the same ailment. It does tend to make life miserable. Good luck! rppnj
      Thanks so much for responding. I would greatly appreciate hearing how it goes. I'm seeing the guru, Robert Latkany, tomorrow and will report if anyone is interested, it seems he is already so well-known on this site. I've had blepharitis for about 7 years but up until now the occasional flare-up has responded to Tobradex in a week or so. This is my first really bad flare-up and 2 weeks of Tobradex didn't help. Anyway I commiserate with you also and don't give up, there are new treatments coming out all the time. Good luck with the Lipiflow, I hope it helps you.

Comment

Yes, please report back. If you see dr Latkany tomorrow, could you ask if there is something new on its way to treat des? He wrote about so many interesting drugs in pipeline in his book from 2007, but what have happened to them?

Comment

Dr. Latkany

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
          Yes, please report back. If you see dr Latkany tomorrow, could you ask if there is something new on its way to treat des? He wrote about so many interesting drugs in pipeline in his book from 2007, but what have happened to them?
          I haven't read his book (yet). If you have blepharitis getting that question answered is one of my goals.

Comment

Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
            Thanks so much for responding. I would greatly appreciate hearing how it goes. I'm seeing the guru, Robert Latkany, tomorrow and will report if anyone is interested, it seems he is already so well-known on this site. I've had blepharitis for about 7 years but up until now the occasional flare-up has responded to Tobradex in a week or so. This is my first really bad flare-up and 2 weeks of Tobradex didn't help. Anyway I commiserate with you also and don't give up, there are new treatments coming out all the time. Good luck with the Lipiflow, I hope it helps you.
            I'm very interested in hearing about your visit to Dr. Latkany. I'll let you know about my Lipiflow treatment as soon as I get home from the Wills Eye Institute. My appt. is on April 4. Good luck tomorrow! rppnj

Comment

To Browneyesblu-
              I'd be very appreciative of any news from Dr. Latkany on the drug pipeline, as it seems nothing is happening there and I've been on restasis close to 2 years now with limited improvement from what seems to be the only available thing outside of steroids which I can't use any more.

Rppnj- Looking forward to your opinion on how you like the lipiflow- I'll tell you this, I've had several IPL treatments and IMO it helped me. I've got other things going on, aging (ugh!) rosacea, and so I went that direction. It would be lovely if you'd report back.

Comment

To bunnyrabbit & Browneyesblu,

Time usually passes so quickly but now that I'm waiting for the Lipiflow procedure on April 4th , time is really dragging. I can't wait..I've been suffering for almost 4 years with no end in sight. I've religiously stuck to every treatment recommended by my Doctors with no results. On some days, it's even difficult leaving the house. What's also frustrating is that I have good days with no symptoms whatsoever but unable to determine why. Either you have Blepharitis or you don't have it, right? What exactly is causing the good days and what exactly is causing the bad days...I'm unable to track it down. Many people on this forum report the same thing...random good days / bad days...do you find that to be the case with you?

Browneyesblu, I'm looking forward to hearing about your visit to Dr. Latkany. I just ordered his book on Amazon. I will be reporting my Lipiflow results to everyone as soon as I return home on the 4th and I will continue to update my progress or lack thereof. Good luck to you both! rppnj

Comment

Well I went to see the wizard yesterday. As far as new treatments he didn't mention anything I haven't already seen mentioned on this site. Of those he mentioned he thinks NAC is useless, Lipiflow will work for about 4 years then you have to repeat it, he also thinks it's overpriced, and MGP is dangerous. Told me he has seen former patients of 'that guy in Florida' with permanent gland damage. Maybe he just has a bone to pick with ******, I haven't seen that reported anywhere else, has anyone? Sorry I can't bring you more positive news.

Anyway he told me I have allergic ocular rosacea. Wants me to stop using EVERYTHING I've been putting in my eyes (Alrex, Azasite, Restasis and Theratears), stop the scrubs and warm compresses and use cold compresses instead and put one drop of Lasticast in each eye once a day. Sounds radical but I'm miserable enough to try anything, and after all he is the wizard. We'll see.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my original post and good luck to all.

Comment

What is Lasticast? Did he tell you to avoid triggers for the rosacea?

Comment

For Katewest

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
                      What is Lasticast? Did he tell you to avoid triggers for the rosacea?
                      My, bad, I spelled it wrong. It's Lasticaft and it's an ocular antihistamine, usually prescribed for allergic conjunctivitis. He told me to try to notice what makes the condition worse, that would likely be the trigger.

Comment

Browneyesblu-What are your symptoms? I am planning a trip back east this summer and will prob see Dr. L. I know I have ocular rosacea but so far nothing has helped. I just tried mini sclerals but they aggravated my eyes. It makes sense though, the lenses had solution in them and most drops seem to worsen my dry eye.

Comment

Watering, photophobia, fluctuating vision, itching & swelling of lids, and of course dry red eyes. What are yours? If you see Dr. L when you come east I would be interested in hearing what he had to say. Are your symptoms worse in the AM or PM?

Comment

I have dry, burning, red, itchy, photophobia, and red lids. They are worse in at work in the office. In fact, every office I have worked at its always worse. Thats why I think there is an allergy component involved, although ive been tested and come up positive for nothing.

Comment

Do you use a computer a lot at work? That may be why it's worse there. Absolutely killed me until I learned 2 things:
                              Use MCs while using computer
                              Close your eyes periodically for about 20-30 seconds.
                              Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                              X