Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello all! My name is Rachel and I'm from the UK!

I'm so happy to find this place as I've only ever known one person in my circle of friends to suffer the same condition!

I've had dry eyes since a teenager, cysts, styes blepharitis you name it! I feel it's been getting worse with age as I'm now 25. My mother always told me it's your curse to have such beautiful eyes yet they trouble you so. But I'm an avid celluvisc user and bathe my eyes every day

I LOVE thick black eyeliner but now have to save it for special occasions!
    I have lots of weird tips to help and I hope I can be of some help to others! Weirdly Rose Water is the most soothing thing to my eyes next to nice cold cucumbers!

My opthalmologist recommended duct plugs a few years ago and I burst into tears! (oh the irony!) So it's my hope being here that I can gain some more knowledge and find a lovely community who know how annoying and embarassing this weird condition can be!

All my love! And sending lots of moisture your way!

Rachel
    x

Hi there! I also have blepharitis and have had it for about two years. Most of the two years it has been in remission (but comes and goes!). Right now it is the worst it has ever been and no matter what I do it does not seem to want to clear up! Anything you have tried that works?! I am using restasis, steroids(once every second day for now), 100mg of doxy and serum tears! All of this and it still wont budge! The winter is really killing me I will be getting plugs soon but my doctor had to order them and they are not in yet.

Comment

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that I was on doxy for a while too but it didn't really do much. Have you tried bathing your eyes with cotton wool and hot water with gentle baby shampoo? I then take a cotton bud and clean all the rim of the eye and in between the eyelids. I asked an opthalmologist once "How hot should the bathing water be?" and he just said "As hot as you can stand, the get the oils unblocked.."

Are the steroid drops not helping? When I have a mega bleph attack they're the only things that will work fast!

I also use rose water a lot, I soak the cotton balls in rose water then rest them on my eyes for a few minutes and it is bliss! I hope your doctor hurries with the plugs and that they prove to be the best remedy for you!

lots of love
      rachel
      x

Comment

Working...
      X