Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red eyes/dry eyes

Hi All,

I've been reading through this website from time to time for dry eye/red eye advice. I've come to conclusion that after trying numerous remedies I'm going to have to live with chronic pinkish/red eyes.
    So far I've tried artificial tears, lid scrubs, flax seed oils, doxycycline, MG expression, Restasis. Restasis helped some dryness symptoms, but the redness is unchanged after 6 months on this. Steroid eyedrops always help my eyes look the most clear, but after tapering off the redness returned. And even on steroids my eyes are pink.

I even thought of doing surgery to remove these veins, but it would probably worsen the dryness. I had an office visit with an eye doctor in Beverly Hills regarding a surgery called I-Brite, which is basically removal of the conjunctiva. I didn't go through with it because of all the risks. Also, after meeting this Dr, I felt I couldn't trust him as he downplayed any risks of the surgeries when I spoke with him. I spoke with another 2 doctors as second opinions and they explained that the long term risks of your scleral melting is high because he removes the entire conjunctiva and uses mitomycin C for 5 days. One of the doctors even refer me to this article below, that shows the bad outcomes in a similar surgery done by a Dr in Korea

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22316649

My question is, has anyone here have any experiences with other surgeons who have done a 'safer' eye whitening surgery? The I-Brite method seems way too dangerous. Maybe I just gotta learn to live with red eyes.

wow 92% experienced complications. Im glad you didn't go through with it. At 8% success rate i would think that surgery would be banned. To be honest i dont think any eye whitening surgery would be healthy for your eyes. Youre removing a portion of your eye with the hopes that it might regrow correctly. Thats a huge risk to take and if you have dry eyes already it means there is already a dysfunction in your eyes. Without a healthy tear film to nourish and heal the damage i would think your risk of complications would go up even higher than 92%.

Thats just my two cents though.

Comment

Working...
    X