Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta Bound

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for writing the articles/blogs/discussions etc. I find them very informative and it does provide some relief to know that you are not alone in this situation.
    I am a 63 year old female. Had RK in 1991 and 1992. All went well until menopause, then the dry, red irritated eye symptoms began to occur.
    I suffered from severe dry eyes for 10 years before they became so unbearable I thought I was losing my vision. Thankfully I had moved to Calgary from the north and was able to get some professional help with this problem.
    Dr Bhamra has been very supportive and I was accepted through the AB Health to travel to LA to be fitted with PROSE Lenses.
    I have had PROSE lenses since January 10. Doheny Eye Clinic in LA. Dr. Chiu has been very supportive and professional.
    For me they do provide comfort, 20/20 vision and the ocular surface is healing very well. However I do have a problem with the right lens developing a film after insertion (within the hour) which necessitates removal and cleaning and the left eye waters and is redder (these problems are decreasing)
    I would be interested to know if anyone has dealt with these problems.

No I haven't, but I am from Calgary and am interested to know who Dr Bhamra is...F/G

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn R View Post
      Hi Everyone,
      Thanks for writing the articles/blogs/discussions etc. I find them very informative and it does provide some relief to know that you are not alone in this situation.
      I am a 63 year old female. Had RK in 1991 and 1992. All went well until menopause, then the dry, red irritated eye symptoms began to occur.
      I suffered from severe dry eyes for 10 years before they became so unbearable I thought I was losing my vision. Thankfully I had moved to Calgary from the north and was able to get some professional help with this problem.
      Dr Bhamra has been very supportive and I was accepted through the AB Health to travel to LA to be fitted with PROSE Lenses.
      I have had PROSE lenses since January 10. Doheny Eye Clinic in LA. Dr. Chiu has been very supportive and professional.
      For me they do provide comfort, 20/20 vision and the ocular surface is healing very well. However I do have a problem with the right lens developing a film after insertion (within the hour) which necessitates removal and cleaning and the left eye waters and is redder (these problems are decreasing)
      I would be interested to know if anyone has dealt with these problems.
      Hi,
      I was interested in what you wrote, since I am afraid something similar is happening to me, had refractive surgery in 87 and my dry eye started a year ago when I am approaching menopause. I have very short tbut, but noone seems to grasp what is actually wrong, and hormones are fine. Did you get any explanation as to the connection to your dry Eyes and the RK? Blink rate or what?

Comment

Dr Bhamra is my doctor as well. He is at the Seema Eye Clinic in south west calgary. I was referred to him about nine months ago and my eye is getting better. We haven't discussed the prose lenses much as i have trouble trying to put in /out any contact lens. My next appointment is in a few months and I'm not sure what the next step is with my eye. Not sure if you need a referral but you can always check with your eye doctor.

Comment

Working...
        X