Has Restasis helped you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restasis

I was on Restasis for several months, didn't help me a bit.

Jody

Comment

Not Sure

I am not sure if Restasis helped me -- I do not have a lifestyle that was conducive to using it. Dr said to make it most effective, it needs to be done almost exactly every 12 hours. As a graduate student who also works full-time, it was an impossibility for me.
      Shoey

Comment

Unsure about Restasis

I have been on Restasis for almost 3 months. Prior to the drug, I had the usual dry eye problems including really swollen upper eyes. Just a few days after starting the drug I received a steroid shot for a hip problem. The eye swelling completely disappeared for about 3 weeks and is still is not as bad as it was. I think Restasis has probably helped keep the swelling down. However, my eye pain and photo sensitivity are now just as bad as ever. I have a new diagnosis of Sjogren's plus new meds so if I do get better I'll not know which drug to credit.

Comment

I used restasis for 6 months - did nothing for me - too painfull - tried putting it in fridge - helps a little - the irriating side effects not worth the benefits

Comment

Restasis

I have been using Restasis for over 1 year. Thought it helped at first, but now my eyes burn constantly. I am ready to try something (anything) else. Found this website in my search for relief and have found many new ideas. Hoping to find a better solution than Restasis.

Comment

I don't know if it helping me or not. I have plugs, allergy drops, and use systane everyday. My eyes are much better than before I went in to be treated, but I don't know if that's from everything else or the Restasis. My eye Dr. is asking me the same thing, but I just don't know.

Comment

Hi,

I used Restasis for four months and found that it did not help me. Although I found the drops lubricating, unfortunately I have a very severe dry eye condition that precluded my experiencing any benefits from this medication.

Pam

Comment

Restasis is working

And for the life of me I am not going to question it, but the Restasis is indeed working.

I have been using 1 drop in each eye in the morning, 1 drop in each eye in the evening, for 6 weeks now.

I felt an improvement within the first month.

Toodles,
                  Rose

Comment

it is working

yes, it is definitely working. It took almost four months before I notice any improvements.

Comment

yeah it is working. my eyes are still sore, but not as bad as before taking the drug!
                      Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

restasis

It didn't help at all, waste of money

Comment

None of the above accurately describes me.
                          Restasis helped a little. I used it daily for several years. But I only noticed the difference it was making after discontinuing it to participate in a clinical trial. While I was taking it, I swore it wasn't working.

I now use a much higher strength of cyclosporine (1% versus 0.05%) and it has helped considerably more than Restasis. I still dose 1 drop twice a day.

Comment

No difference

I tried Restasis for several months and it didn't make any noticeable difference in my dry eyes.

Comment

Underwhelming results

I have been using restasis for 3 months now and I feel like it has helped a little bit. I started using it 2 weeks before I had LASIK and then had major dry eye setbacks. so yes it has helped a little bit there was no choice for degrees to which it has been helpful. Underwhelming for sure

Comment

the poll is closed, but nope... hasnt helped. Been using it since september 2010.
                                miserable in Miami...

Comment

Working...
                                X