Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice - dry eyes have ruined my life ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I tried Lotemax but it burned my eyes like crazy so I had to stop. I'm glad you have a supporting husband. Mine wasn't so, so now I'm alone but I do have supportive friends. I need to find somewhere that will help me with the moisture chamber goggles.

I try to tape my eyes shut at night but it never holds so I need to find something else. I can't sleep on my back so it makes it difficult for night goggles. Someone told me about saran wrap ... uummmm .. I"m not sure I would try that ...

Comment

No, I never had a lip biopsy, however, coincidentally I just had a mass removed from my lower lip last month and they haven't called to say they found anything so I'm not sure .. I'll ask my new family doctor about that.

Comment

well no I have never heard of anyone going blind but I am sure the cornea can be affected by severe dry eyes. I have a friend who had a friend in college that was born with out the lacimal gland or something like that. He said she wears the BIG lenses LOL and puts drops in all day long it is like second nature. You may want to ask Rebecca about the best thing for not closing your eyes. She is wonderful and is always willing to help. You can send her a chat message. She can probably answer all your questions. I wear the tranquileyes at night. I also use genteel gel. I have used Muro 128 but it burns like crazy. You may want to try azasite. Maybe menopause has triggered your eyes. That may be the case for me. I am just hoping, eventually this flare up will improve. But also give Restatis a while to work my Dr says it can take 6 months to fully kick in. Good Luck !!

Comment

Ericska, there is VitA-pos ointment http://www.scopeophthalmics.com/index.php?ECProduct=22.

Comment

Thank you Irina. This is very similar to the HYLO products I am using and highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
            X