Introducing myself and my eye troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself and my eye troubles

Hello, I find all of your posts supportive and it gives me hope that I am not alone. My problems started 3.5 months ago with pink eye that I think was actually allergic reaction brought on by overuse of OTC eye drops. I am 42 and I had been having increasingly dry eyes and starting to relying on them a lot, I did not know about preservative free drops. Three weeks of antibiotic drops and I finally went to optometrist who said allergic cojunctivitis and put me on FML which seemed to are a difference at first. A few days after stopping I had even worse inflammation and burning and my new opthamologist put in punctual plugs and put me on FML for another month....I think steroid (FML)may things worse and now I am unable to work due to extreme eye burning - not sure if inflammation is causing dryness or other way around - a vicious cycle no doubt. Opthamologist still thinks I am reacting to something (been using preservative free drops Hylo and Systane) Dermatologist says ocular roseca irritated by 2 months of steroid and put me on doxycycline. Doing warm compresses, cool compresses, lid wipes, fish oil, humidifier, doxycycline (for only two weeks yet). Really getting frustrated with all this! I hope there is light at end of this dry burning tunnel.

Warning about steroids , im sure they induce my eyes pain and dry eyes. Donc use them ever, its now 11 month that i left steroids and im using since, 2 months cyclosporine , things seem to be better but very slowly. I read on this board a lot of ppl who get their eyes worsened by steroids use.

Comment

Thanks Peter, I have no doubt that the steroids were a major contributing factor to this inflammation.

Comment

Working...
      X